Chapter Five

I wake up early and get ready for classes. I walk down to breakfast with the girls but I sit with the boys. I take my usual seat beside Remus.

"Good morning ya'll" I greet them.

They don't seem phased by my slight southern accent anymore. They used to laugh a lot when I would talk. Not in a rude way though.

They all tell me good morning except for Remus. I look over at him and he is paler than usual and he doesn't seem like he feels well.

"Rem, do you feel okay? You look sick." I say

I reach over and feel his forehead and the side of his face. He doesn't seem to have a fever but he really looks like he does.

"No fever, but you look ill. Maybe you should go to the nurse if you're not feeling well."

He shakes his head and lays it on the table. I look at the boys and furrow my eyebrows. I reach over and gently rub Rems back.

"What's wrong with him?" I mouth to the boys. They look confused for a second but then they comprehend it.

"Hangover" Sirius mouths back.

I look at him and take my hand off of his back. I look to Sirius with wide eyes. Remus didn't strike me as the drinking type.

Remus sits up and looks at me and must notice my surprised expression

"What did you two tell her?" He says grumpily.

James and Sirius just look at him without replying.

"I don't know what they told you but I just have a bad cold." He explains.

I want to argue because he doesn't have a fever but I don't. He lays his head back down and I go back to rubbing his back. When it's time to go Peter gets up and helps Remus to his next class. I leave and go to History of Magic with Sirius.

"Is Remus okay? I think he should go down to the nurse." I tell him when we take our seats.

"Don't worry about it, he's just kind of sickly. His immune system sucks and he gets sick a lot." He explains.

I nod but I'm still worried about him. I'm sure he's fine, it's just a cold. I just worry about my friends a lot and I don't like for them to feel bad.

By the time I get to Potions with Remus I'm tired and I have a headache. This is going to be great. Remus and I both aren't feeling well.

I walk into the room and I take a seat beside Remus who is already here. He has his head down and he doesn't look up when I sit. I pull out all the books and stuff we need and wait for Slughorn to come.

I reach over and feel Rems head again to see if he has a fever, still nothing. He obviously doesn't feel well, it's just weird he doesn't have a fever.

"You just chill out. I'll take care of the work today." I tell him.

He starts to sit up and object but I have him lay back down. I take my cloak off and ball it up and give it to him to use as a pillow. He looks like he wants to argue that he doesn't need it but I ignore him.

Once Slughorn comes and gives us instructions I get started on the potion and taking notes for the both of us. I'm not the first to finish today but at least I'm not the last. I end up finishing with ten minutes left and I think I got us a good grade.

I get back to our seat and I pack up all my stuff. I get Remus's notes I did for him and grab my quill and quickly write a short note at the bottom.