Chapter Seventeen

"Just write her back already!" Jace says chasing me by the black lake.

"Yeah El, just write her back already!" James says throwing a pinecone at me.

I ignore him and keep running from Jace. So I will give you a bit of context here. Lauren has sent me ten letters over the past few days wanting to know what is going on. One of the teachers wrote home about what happened and Lauren is having a come apart. Dad has wrote me too but he hasn't been as crazy about it.

Now Lauren has started writing Freya and Jace and Jace isn't having it.

"I'm not writing her back she doesn't need to know all of my business." I huff while running.

"She probably does need to know all your business because when you hide things from her everything goes wrong! You had a Deatheater boyfriend for a whole month that none of us even knew about! You can't make your own decisions!"  Jace shouts at me.

"He has a point!" Sirius calls after me.

I ignore all of them and keep running even though I'm getting really tired. I have to stop but I don't want Jace to get me.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter anyway because Jace catches up and tackles me to the ground. I roll over and try to kick him off but it's not going well.

"Get off you weigh like a gazilion pounds!"

He rolls his eyes and doesn't get off.

"Promise you will write Lauren back." He huffs.

"No!"

"Fine then I guess I will tell everyone about Daniel." He says teasingly.

I gasp and start thrashing to get away.

"I swear if you tell them I will kill you!"

He shrugs off my threat and grins mischievously.

"Daniel was one of the popular fifth years at Illvermony last year. He had taken an interest in Ella. She had the biggest crush on him from second year all the way up to fourth year which was last year."

He starts the story and I immediately regret ever being friends with him. I kick trying to get away from him but he doesn't budge.

"I'll write her back! I promise!" I plead hoping he will let me up and stop the story but of course he is a little brat and can't let me be happy.

"He finally gets it together to ask her out and take a guess at what her reaction was......she panicked and said no then proceeded to pass out. Right there in front of him. The best part was he didn't even try to catch her he kind of just stood there. After that he got with her "best friend" and I'm pretty sure they are still dating."

Once he finishes the story he lets me up and I sit up and pop him in the back of the head.

"To be fair I hadn't ate anything that day because I was sick and the panic made everything worse and I just passed out." I say defending myself.

Sirius whistles lowly and turn to James, "So when Moony finally asks her out we need to make sure she eats before hand."

James nods very seriously and Remus and I blush. I hate my friends. Not really but I wish I did.

"Nah don't let her eat too much or she might puke." Jace says poking me.

The boys erupt into laughter and I sigh. Jace eventually gets up and leaves because he has plans with some friends apparently. Remus and Peter leave to go study so it is Just James, Sirius, and I left. I should go study too because I'm still failing but I just need a minute with my friends.