Chapter Thirty-Eight

Remus POV
Tonight is date night. I feel like Ellie and I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time together recently so tonight we are going to spend some time together. I would take her out somewhere nice but I'm currently saving up for a ring so I don't have a lot of extra money.

She is currently out shopping with Lily so I have plenty of time to set things up. We have a tv now which is pretty nice. I borrowed some tapes from mum so we have something to watch now. I toss a few blankets down on the couch then start on dinner.

We are going to have spaghetti. I think I can make that.

•••••••••••••••

It takes me about twenty minutes to realize that I in fact cannot make spaghetti. I was hoping to surprise her but that's not working out. I walk over and pick up the phone and call Lily's house. The only reason I know the number is because Ella has it written in the phone book.

Thankfully Lily is the one who answers and not one of her parents.

"Hello?"

"Hey Lils, um...when will Ella be home?"

"Not sure. We just got back to my house. Why?"

Damn

"Well I was going to surprise her with dinner but I completely screwed it up." I admit.

She scoffs on the other line, "Clean up the mess then get takeout. I'll keep her here for the next hour.

"Thank you." I say before hanging up.

•••••••••

Ella's POV
When I walk in our flat it absolutely reeks. I drop my bags and go open one of the windows.

"Remus!" I shout.

"Ahhh, shit!" I hear from the other room.

He walks in from down the hall and he has a bloody nose.

"What happened?" I ask grabbing a cloth from the kitchen and giving it to him.

"I was trying to find the extra phone books but then you yelled and it scared me and I hit my face." He explains.

"Why were you looking for the phone books?" I ask totally lost.

"I was wanting to surprise you with a date night in but I completely messed it up. I was going to cook you dinner but I somehow burnt it and it stunk up the whole house. After I finally got that cleaned up I went to go get takeout but they were closed so I came back her to find the phone books to call and find a place that was open." He says in a rush.

I purse my lips and pull him over to the couch. I have him sit down then kiss the top of his head.

"Take care of your nose then come help me make dinner."

"I was supposed to make dinner for you." He whines.

I ignore him and head into the kitchen. I start getting things ready and he comes in shortly after. He wraps his arms around my waist and just stays there.

"Can I just stay like this? I'm going to mess things up if I help." He mumbles.

I just roll my eyes at him and continue cooking.

•••••••••••

When the food is done I carry it into the living room where Remus is trying to put a movie in for us. He's been trying for thirty minutes.

"If the stupid thing would just connect right then-" He says pushing random buttons.

The tape pops back out of the tv thing with all the tape stuff coming out. I stifle a laugh.