Chapter Thirty Six

Time skip
It's the last day of Hogwarts. The last day before we are thrown into the real world. It's really crazy how much things have changed. When I got here my mom was still married to my dad. I was this shy, scared little kid that I'm not anymore. I'm still scared but now I have amazing friends to help me through it.

I've been through a lot since I've been here but it's all been worth it. I'm graduating and I have a job lined up already. I have an amazing boyfriend and great friends to stick with me throughout life's trials.

We are having the graduation in an hour and I'm sitting outside beside the lake trying to enjoy the rest of my time here.

"Hey Ellie." Finn says plopping down beside me.

"Hi."

"So I've been talking to Jace and I've figured out what I'm going to do." He says quietly.

Jace and Finn have been going on and off since Christmas and neither of them have been very happy.

"I'm done trying to stay with him. I really like him, it's just we are too different. He's gotten meaner the past year and I don't know why. I'm hoping being away from the Slytherins will help change it." He says.

I reach over and give him a side hug.

"Sometimes people are better off loving each other from a distance."

He nods and leans his head against my shoulder. We sit there for another ten minutes but then we decide to go get ready for the graduation. The girls and I get ready together and it's crazy to think this is the last time we will be in this room.

When we are ready we walk downstairs and meet the boys in the common room. Lily goes over to James, Marlene goes to Sirius, and I go over to my Remus.

Alice is left standing alone since her boyfriend graduated last year. She's moving in with him tomorrow I think. He's already proposed to her. He's ready to start their lives together.

I look around at all my friends and start tearing up.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Remus says rubbing my back.

"It's just this is our last day and I won't see you guys as much anymore." As I say it a few tears fall.

"Awwww Ellie-Bellie. I promise Marls and I will come visit you and Remus all the time once you find a flat." Sirius says coming over and giving me a hug.

"Yeah, and maybe we can have dinner at my place once a week or something?" James offers giving me a side hug.

I nod and wipe my eyes. Lily just smiles at me. She knows I'll be fine and that we will figure it out. She doesn't have to hug me to reassure me.

"C'mon love, let's go." Remus says.

We all leave the common room for the last time and walk down to the boats. I can't believe this is finally it.

When we get outside there is a ton of people gathered. Each head of house gives a long speech before handing out the graduation parchments.

The head boys and girls all give speeches but then we load into the boats and start to sail into the next chapter of our lives.

As soon as we unload from the boats Remus lifts me up and gives me a long kiss.

"We did it Sunshine, now we get to start the rest of our lives together."

••••••••••••

The first week at home is chaotic. I'm getting up for work every morning right as baby Sarah starts crying.