Chapter Twenty-Four

"So what's up with you and this Regulus guy?" I ask Freya quietly as we sit in the Hufflepuff common room.

She just shrugs and avoids my gaze.

"I've heard a lot of bad stuff about him. Are they true? I don't want you getting mixed up in something you shouldn't." I say.

"Some of what you hear is true, but he doesn't like it. He believes the same things that we do but he can't stand up for himself because it's dangerous." She explains.

"Well if it's dangerous for him then it must be dangerous for you too. You're dating him which kind of pulls you into whatever mess he's in." I argue.

She sighs and looks up. I can tell she is stressed and doesn't want to talk about it.

"I really like him and he is a good person even though he can't show it. He needs help but I can't give it to him. Can you have Sirius talk to him." She begs.

"Sirius is going to talk to him but I'm not sure it will go how you want it to." I say resting my hand over hers. "I don't know the entire situation but it sounds like it will be pretty difficult to fix."

She looks over at me and we lock eyes. Her stare is intense.

"Please just help me with this. I care about him a lot and I don't know what to do." She begs.

I reluctantly agree and I head out of the common room. I walk to my dorm and when I get inside all the other girls are there.

"Hey what's wrong with you?" Lily asks sounding concerned.

"Freya has a boyfriend and I don't care for him." I explain.

"Maybe they won't last. They're only 15." Alice says shrugging.

How is that supposed to make me feel better? We're only 16 does that mean my relationship is going to fail too?

I don't say that though. I just shrug.

"Anyway since we are talking about boyfriends I have something to tell you guys." Marlene announces.

I turn and look at her because I can just tell by the ton in her voice I'm not going to like it.

"Sirius and I are dating."

"WHAT THE F-" I start but then she cuts me off.

"It's not as bad as you think!"

"Marlene he is a man whore!" I whisper shout.

That is an awful thing to say about my best friend but it's kind of true.

"No he's not. It only counts if he had sex with them."

I'm stunned silent. I'm done with my friends.

"I'm not picking sides if you break up." I say pointing at her.

She nods and gives me a thumbs up.

"Well I'm dating Frank." Alice announces happily like we didn't already know that.

I smile at her before turning to Lily.

"You need to date James because then we will have 3/4 of the Marauders." I joke.

She rolls her eyes but doesn't totally object. Lily really didn't like James for a long time because he bullied Snape but now Lily isn't friends with Snape anymore and James has quit picking on him.

"Do you want to go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend Lils?" I ask her.

"Hey why aren't we invited?" Marlene asks motioning between her and Alice.