Chapter Eight

I hate Astronomy. It's the only class I have with none of my friends AND it's at night time. Who wants to go to class at night! Not me.

A few of my other friends have this class but they have it different days. I don't understand why or how. The schedules here don't make any sense.

Finally the teacher starts the lesson and I'm happy about it because I'm ready to go back and get in bed.

Or at least I'm happy about it until he tells us we have to have partners...that he is picking. I internally groan and debate just throwing myself off the side of the tower.

"Miss Barnes is with Mr. Harris." The teacher announces. He comes over and hands me our assignment and I want to punch him.

I'm reading over the assignment when the boy comes up behind me and starts reading it over my shoulder. He is making me very uncomfortable but I'm too shy to say anything. When I finish reading I turn towards him and I come face to face with a curly haired Ravenclaw that is a good five inches taller than me.

It's nothing compared to the Marauders though. I'm pretty sure Remus is already 6'2 and he's not even done growing. James and Sirius are around 6 ft but they might not be there quite yet. Peter is probably about the same hight as the boy in front of me.

"I'm Finn." He says putting his hand out for me to shake.

"Ella" I says shaking his hand while flashing him my best fake smile.

We get to work on the assignment and it is about impossible to do with Finn. He is nice enough but I'm pretty sure he jokes around more than Sirius. It's not annoying though, he's quite funny actually.

"Look, those stars are shaped like a penis." He says pointing at the sky.

I see what he's taking about but they don't really look like it unless you have a good imagination.
I roll my eyes and decide to just play along.

"Mines bigger than that." I scoff.

He busts out laughing so hard I'm afraid he is going to tumble off the tower. I can't help but laugh too.

"That's pretty impressive." He giggles.

That's what my boyfriend said." I remark.

We laugh again but then the teacher comes over and threatens us with detention if we don't get to work. We start to take the assignment seriously for a bit but it doesn't last long.

"Aren't you the girl that put the stink bomb in the Slytherin dorms?" He asks.

I nod slowly. Not one of my best moments.

He nods, "Aren't you dating that Lupin boy?"

I whip my head around to look at him, "No way! We're just friends."

He throws his hands up in defense. "Gosh I was just asking.......he's kinda cute."

I look at him and furrow my eyebrows.

"He's cute but not my type, besides he's definitely straight." Finn says.

"What?" I ask. I'm so lost.

He looks at me and laughs, "You're so oblivious. I'm gay."

Then it clicks, "ohhhhhh." I say finally understanding. "Nice."

He rolls his eyes and goes back to writing stuff down. I lean down and look through the telescope. When I put my hand on the top of it I realize the thing moves. I sit up and move it more. The entire barrel thing you look through spins.