Chapter Fourty Four

I don't tell Remus about how I'm planning on going on another mission. I will later but he is currently about to leave because it's the full moon tonight and he can't be here for it. Sirius is going with him tonight. James and Sirius switch between who goes every month. I really appreciate them doing it.

"I love you." I say giving him a hug goodbye. He hugs me back weakly. I pull away and give him a gentle kiss on the lips. He's in a mood, but I can't really blame him for it.

"I love you too." He replies before walking out the door. I'm left standing in our flat all alone.

Godric I need a nap. This is been such a stressful week. I have the whole bed to myself for once and I'm going to take advantage of it.

I head to the room and stop down to panties and one of Rems huge shirts and climb into bed. I read The Wicked King for a while but I fall asleep fairly quickly.

••••••••••••

I wake up to a noise in the guest room. I sit up straight in bed and flick the light on. I'm assuming it is my cat Thor.

"Dang it." A voice hisses.

Okay so that is not the cat. I slip out of bed and feel around for my wand on my nightstand, but it's not there. This is a really bad situation. I could just apparate away but I also want to know who is in my house.

I also have things here they can't take. What if they try to take my wolfsbane or like set the place on fire. I'm staying until they're gone. Stupid decision, I know. Remus is going to kill me for it later. Well, he will if this person doesn't kill me first.

There is another noise in the room so I sneak out of my bedroom and out to the kitchen. I grab a knife from the butcher block and go hide behind the recliner. I reach under the cushion and feel around for my wand. It likes to fall out of my pocket and under the cushion when I sit down. Except......I didn't sit here when I got home. My wand has to still be in my purse.

I start to crawl over to the door to get it but then someone walks into the kitchen from down the hall. This was a terrible decision. What am I going to do if they find me? Stab them? I mean I could.....but like I don't want blood on our new rug.

"Where is she?" The says a deep male voice. The man is wearing a mask so I can't see who it is.

A second person walks in and I know them immediately. It's Peter, I get chills just seeing him again.

I hold my breath and they walk around and dig through things.

"Dude I think we should just go. She obviously isn't here." Peter says slamming a drawer.

"No, she broke into the mansion and now everyone keeps dropping dead. We have to bring her back to the Darklord."

"I wish you would drop dead." Peter mutters under his breath.

The other man smacks Peter in the back of the head and scoffs, "What is your problem! You're one of the most sorry excuses for a Deatheater. You've already used the torture curse on her, what difference does it make at this point."

"Look I have history with these people." Peter snaps back.

Suddenly the masked man makes his way over to the living room set up. There is no way I can take him.

"Have you all found anything yet?" A voice booms from the hallway. Peter and the other man both turn towards the voice.

Jace stalks in confidently with his mask pushed up on the top of his head.

"No, she isn't here." Peter says sternly.

"We've barely looked." The masked one snaps.

Peter shoots him a death glare and the man turns back towards me. Jace gives Peter a slight nod and Peter lifts his wand to the masked man. Peter whispers a spell and the man falls to the ground unconscious.