Chapter Twenty-Seven

"One month left of school!" Freya says plopping down on the grass beside me. I smile at her and watch as Jace comes and lays beside her too.

Everyone else is supposed to come hang out too but we're the first ones here.

"Can I tell you guys something?" Jace says quietly.

"Yeah." Freya and I both reply.

"I like someone." He says.

We both sit up and turn to him.

"No way!" Freya gasps.

He nods.

"What's wrong? Are they dating someone?" I ask.

Something is obviously bothering him about the person he likes.

"It's not that." He says quietly.

This is so unlike Jace. He is normally loud and confident. Not quiet and confused.

"What is it then?" Freya asks.

"It's Finn. That's my problem. I like Finn."

My jaw drops. I did not see that coming. Freya leans over and smacks Jace HARD on the arm.

"You idiot!" She yells.

Jace sits up and scoots away from her.

"Bloody hell!" He yells. "You're my sister I though you would support me!"

"I do support you but you're still a bloody idiot." She says smacking him again.

He throws his hands out and looks at her confused.

"He likes you too! He just doesn't say anything because he doesn't know you like guys!"

"Uhhh excuse you I like guys and girls." He says grumpily.

Freya face palms and looks to me for help. I just shrug. I have no idea what to do about this.

"The other guys are coming so unless you want them to know then you better end the conversation." I warn before laying back down.

Freya flips Jace off before laying back down beside me.

All the boys walk up with their girlfriends so all the girls are here too. Plus Frank and Mary.

Remus comes over and lays on the grass and puts his head on my stomach.

James and Lily sit down beside us and Sirius and Marlene sit together a few feet away from us. Peter and Mary sit together a little further from the group with Alice and Frank.

Then there is Finn who walks up several minutes after everyone else. I see Jace blush noticeably when he takes a seat beside him.

"Are we all excited for summer?" James asks happily.

Everyone agrees and I can't help but smile. This is going to be our last summer while we are in school. We graduate next year.....and I still don't have a plan.

That instantly kills my mood. I sit up and nudge Remus off of me. He complains but I ignore him.

"I'll be right back guys." I announce.

I don't tell anyone where I'm going or what I'm doing. I go up to the school and up to McGonagalls office.

We had meetings about what we want to do after school but I didn't have a plan and we didn't get anything worked out. To be fair when we had the meetings I was going through some stuff so I didn't put my best foot forward.

I knock lightly on her door and go in when I hear her shout come in. I go take a seat in the chair in front of her desk.

"Is there something you wanted to talk about, Ms. Barnes?"