Chapter Fourty-One

Remus POV
The next day I let Ella sleep in and I get up and fix us breakfast. I'm exhausted but I need to take care of her. I'm not even sure what happened to her but I'm just hoping she gets feeling better.

I'm sure everyone will stop by later to check up on her but I don't even know if she will get out of bed today.

"Remus!" Ella screams from the bedroom. I quickly shut the stove off and run down the hall.
She is sitting up and looks scared.

"I'm here. I was fixing you breakfast." I explain laying down and pulling her close to me. She hugs me back and hides her face in my chest.

"Are you feeling a little better?" I ask gently.

"A little." She whispers. "I'm going to take a shower and get dressed."

"Do you want me to set you something out for pain?" I ask as she pulls away from me.

She nods and makes her way to the bathroom. I remake the bed and go finish her breakfast. I set it out on the table and head back to the bedroom. She's been in the shower for twenty minutes.

"Ellie? Are you alright?" I knock lightly on the door.

••••••••••••••
Ella's POV
I sit on the bottom of the shower and let the water run over me. My entire body is sore and I keep going back to the basement. It's crazy to think someone I used to trust was able to inflict that much pain on me.

It was excruciating. It still is. The flashbacks and the soreness is almost unbearable. It was even worse last night. I think I may have been in shock. Thankfully it's more bearable today and I'm sure I will feel fine by next week. It just shook me up a lot. I didn't even know it was possible to feel that much pain.

"Ellie? Are you alright?" Remus asks from the other side of the door.

He has been so sweet about all this. He's taken really good care of me. I'm sure he won't mind doing it a bit longer.

"Yes, can you come help me?" I ask weakly. There is no way I'm getting up by myself. My body aches too bad for that.

The door opens and Remus steps in. He has dark circles under his eyes and he looks rough. I don't think he slept much last night.

"What do you need?" He asks shutting the door behind himself.

"Can you help me up?"

He nods and opens the shower door. He shuts the water off and grabs me a towel. He wraps it around my shoulders before pulling me up. He picks me up bridal style and takes me to our room. He lays me on the bed and grabs some clothes.

"I can get myself dressed." I tell him.

He shakes his head and throws one of his t-shirts over my head. He helps me put on some underwear and sweatpants too.

"Do you feel up to eating? I made you breakfast" He asks me.

My throat hurts. I'm not sure if it's from screaming or just the curse in general. I'm a little hungry and I can definitely go for something cold.

"Do we still have yogurt?" I ask him.

"No, but we have applesauce." He replies. I nod and stand up.

He walks close to me ready to catch me if I fall. My legs are sore but I think I'm still good to walk. I hope I am at least.

I go to the fridge and grab some applesauce and a spoon. I go sit on the couch as the phone starts ringing. Remus answers it. He walks in a few minutes later and kisses my forehead.