Chapter 1: Lost and Found

Ow...! 

What happened? 

Where... Where am I? 

What's that noise I hear...?

The sea, maybe? Yes, that's it. It's the sound of waves crashing against the shore that I can hear near me and where I lay. And that very well might explain the reason why my eyes sting so much, I must have gotten a sea's worth of salt water in my eyes.

Oww! It hurts to even try and open them! But I need to open them, I have got to figure out where I am, I might have been washed ashore in a dangerous area!

. . .

Adamantly, I force my eyes open despite the stinging pains. And that's when I notice that I'm on a beach. I guess that narrows it down quite a bit! There aren't too many beaches in Liyue after all!

. . .

But those trees over there, away from the sand-covered beach and instead growing on the more inland banks of dirt, those aren't Sandbearer Trees! Actually, I don't think I recognise them at all...?

Is this a province of Liyue I've not visited, or... am I somewhere that is much further from home?

???: "Heehee! So colourful and fun! I bet the kids are going to love these!!"

Huh...? That was a voice I just heard, wasn't it? I don't recognise it at all. But at least they're speaking a language I can understand! But now I need to decide whether I should shout out for them to help or not...?

I probably should, I can't seem to move on my own right now. Why does my leg hurt so much?!

Y/N: "h–he— *cough splutter* help..."

???: "Heehee! Wheeeee! You were right Pops, these are definitely going to be a hit! And even if they aren't, then that just means more for me! Heehee!"

Y/N: "hello...? *cough* h–help...?"

???: "Oh! I bet I could write my name with these! Let's see... Y... O... I..."

Y/N: *COUGH COUGH*

???: "Hmm? Is someone here? Hellooooo?"

Y/N: "h–help..."

???: "OH! Oh my! Are you okay?!"

???: "Ooh! That doesn't look good! What happened?! Are you okay?"

Y/N: "it... hurts..."

???: "I bet it does! But don't worry, I've found you. You'll be just fine now!"