Chapter 27: Homeward-Bound

Yukina: "Y/N! You're finally back! It's about time, we were starting to think you weren't coming back!"

Jaren: "Yeah! You should have seen Yukina earlier! We practically had to hold her down so that she—"

Yukina: "j–Jaren! Don't."

Jaren: "o–oh, uh... r–right... sorry."

Yukina: *sigh*

Y/N: "It's only been, what, like a day or two since I left camp? Hah, probably not even that! But hey, I'm back now. And if you were missing me that much, then I'm sure you're looking forward to the gruelling training I've got prepped for you guys today, huh!"

Yukina: "Huh? You planned training for us today, even though you were gone and busy on another mission?"

Y/N: "Do you think I just come up with those training regimen on the fly? Hmph, I get no respect around here from you guys! I actually spent quite a lot of late nights coming up with each weeks' set of tasks for your training! And I give General Gorou my planned itinerary each week for prior approval too, and that's how you still had something to do yesterday... assuming someone relayed that to you?"

???: "Don't you worry, Captain, I made sure your team were well looked after during your absence! And, might I say that I am quite glad to see you made it back to camp safely!"

Y/N: "Ah, General Gorou, it's good to be back! I hope I've not missed too much of the fun in my absence? And how did your excursion earlier go, well, I hope?"

I only asked this question out of consideration and politeness, of course. As it was really quite easy to tell that the General was in a good mood simply from the vigorous wagging of his tail behind him!

Gorou: "It did! But that's to be expected of an excursion planned by Her Excellency herself! I would presume that your own mission ended with success also, what with your having returned to camp now?"

Y/N: "That's right! There wasn't much left to do after dealing with that cube thing, so I just said my farewells and made my way back here."

Gorou: "Excellent! In that case, then, Captain Y/N? You're dismissed for the rest of the day so as to get your much needed rest. I can see the bags under your eyes after all, I can only assume you have yet to get any rest since your leaving for this private issue of yours?"

Y/N: "Well, I guess... although I did get some time to sit and speak with a couple people so I—"

Gorou: "I'm sorry, Captain, but Her Excellency gave me orders to issue you rest as I deem fit. She wishes for you to be well-rested for the mission she has for you tomorrow."

Y/N: "The mission? What mission?"

Gorou: "I will leave it to Her Excellency to debrief you on that matter tomorrow morning, all I have been made aware of is that she has asked for you specifically, and that she has arranged for transport back to Watatsumi Island for this."