Chapter 19: A Risky Gambit

As requested, Kujou Sara had kindly accepted to support me up the many steps required to reach the Grand Narukami Shrine atop the mountain, with my arm draped around her shoulder as I lightly limped up the mountain beside her. But having reached the top finally, I was brought into one of the many buildings up there, presumably the private quarters of the Kitsune Priestess herself, so as to keep me out of sight of those that were returning to work at the Shrine. And it was here that I really delved into the truth of the matter to the enemy General who has helped me so, all the while with the occasional nugget of wisdom or cheeky comment from Yae Miko in-between her sipping tea and offering us more for both our own cups.

Kujou Sara: "I see... So, being this so–called 'Adeptus of Liyue', then that would make you both from Inazuma and not? How fascinating..."

Y/N: "I suppose so, yeah. And... well... I'm sorry I didn't tell you about this sooner. I guess it was a mix of my not thinking it mattered at the time, and that I didn't want to divulge too much too often to too many people, lest I become a target from less... savoury individuals... again."

Kujou Sara: "Do not fret, not for my sake at least, I seldom rarely find myself irritated to such a degree. Frankly, I find it... quite an intriguing concept."

Yae Miko: "Oh, isn't it so? It really is quite the shame that the little Adeptus isn't particularly welcome here on our Narukami Island as of this moment. I would imagine it to be quite beneficial to have my writers meet you; both for your tale as to how you got to this point, travelling from Liyue to Inazuma, but also simply for what you know of the outside world— things that we have been left unaware of, things that would make for fantastic novels indeed."

Kujou Sara: "... *sigh* Speaking of which. That sea beast that you defeated today, you are certain that she is the only follower who may seek revenge upon you?"

Y/N: "To the best of my knowledge, yes. I was never told of anybody else at the very least."

Kujou Sara: "Excellent. I'll admit, I ask you this as I worry that our vigil over our shores is not currently adequate for another attack similar to the one you fended off mostly singlehandedly. Of course, I will not leave it to chance, and I already have some concepts I have been mulling over that would better provide sentry over the sea that surrounds us all. But regardless, knowing that both the evil God and his partner have been sealed away for the next millennia at the very least... it provides some solace, and I would hope it brings you some too, Y/N. Ah, and Guuji Yae? Would it be quite alright for us to expect the Grand Narukami Shrine to oversee the maintenance of the seal for such a time until a more permanent solution is construed?"

Yae Miko: "Hmm... Well, I suppose that won't be for a good thousand years or so at the very minimum, I dare say that we'll have time to hash out the details in that time, as it were. But in the meantime... would either of you care for some more tea?"

Kujou Sara: "No thank you, I am quite alright. I have learnt all that I needed to of this incident. And I fear that knowing much more might result in a conflict of interests... for the time being, at least. I will be returning to Kujou Takayuki now, so as to give my report of the situation to be thus delivered to the Almighty Shogun... I will, of course, leave some specific details out about the individual who handled such a dilemma... for the time being."

Y/N: "Thank you, Kujou Sara. And I'm sorry for the inconvenience I've caused. Heh. I suppose you can take out some of your grievances the next time we meet, which I presume will be upon the battlefield!"

Kujou Sara: "Yes. I might suppose that would be the case."

Kujou Sara then approached me, with the tiniest hint of a smile on her face, that despite being as small as it was... it really lit up her entire self quite some! She had then extended a hand out towards me, that I presumed she wanted me to shake, and so I met her hand halfway with my own outstretched arm. We then shook five times before she released her hold on me and begun to walk out of the Shrine building that I had been given solace in.