Chapter 12: Frozen Time

Girl: "Come on Banri! We've gotta get all our chores done before the fireworks tonight!"

Boy: "Linda! Wait! Don't pull so hard! I'm coming, I'm coming!"

. . .

Yoimiya: "You see Y/—...uhm... friend who's name I'm not supposed to say in public! It's not just me that gets super excited on the day of a fireworks show! There are people all over the city and beyond who are getting ready!"

Y/N: "I... I guess so... But is it really that exciting?"

Yoimiya: "It is! When you see them soar high into the sky, free as a bird and as loud as the Archon's thunder itself, I'm sure you'll grow to admire fireworks just as much as me! Well... maybe not as much as me... but a whole lot, I guarantee it!"

Y/N: "Well... it's not like I don't want to enjoy them I suppose..."

Yoimiya: "Great! Then I'm looking forward to you seeing them tonight even more now! But first, we gotta help prepare for the big night! So come on, follow me, follow me!"

Y/N: "Yoimiya! Wait! You don't have to drag me! I can walk just fine on my own!"

Yoimiya: "Haha! I bet you can't keep up with me!"

* * *

Despite the secrecy of my existence here in Inazuma, Yoimiya had insisted that I go with her on her errands  across the city. I helped her to carry all sorts of supplies all over the place, some of which were apparently really quite dangerous! But you wouldn't think we had such items on our persons, as we were just strolling around town so casually, with Yoimiya engaging in cheery conversations with almost everybody we stumbled across. 

She wasn't lying, Yoimiya really does have a whole bunch of friends! Huh, must be nice...

Yoimiya: "Alright! Well, that's the last of it! My Pops likes to do the last check himself, so it looks like now we've just got some time on our hands until then!"

Y/N: "Huh, I didn't realise so much went into a fireworks event..."

Yoimiya: "Well, it is just me and my Pops usually, so it's quite the ordeal to get it all done in time for the event. But it's worth every drop of sweat and aching muscle we get! And, well... that's why I'm really happy that you were here to help me out this time!"

Y/N: "But all I did was carry things? I can't help with the actual building of any of the fireworks, I'm not a Naganohara after all, right?"

Yoimiya: "Well... It is a family trade after all! But don't worry! I'll be more than happy to teach you the basics of firework crafting! Althooooooough... you could always just come to me whenever you want a firework or two, and I'd be happy to make them for you!"