Chapter 18: Wife Beater

As it turns out, this Natashka women that I had met outside the point of interest that La Signora had requested I clear out was really quite a powerful person, being as strong as she was tall. Whilst she spent most of the time simply walking behind me as I cleared out the common Nobushi vagrants that loitered within. But when the larger, and more threatening Kairagi samurai finally stepped up to try and deal with the 'troublesome invaders,' that is when Natashka showed her true worth in combat.

Not only could she attack from a distance with various implementations of Hydro energy, but she could also entrap our opponents in a confined prison built of seemingly nothing but Hydro also. And whilst trapped both myself and Natashka could attack these individuals with them having no rebuttal besides their weaker ranged attacks. And as such, with both myself and this mysterious Natashka joining forces, it took little to no time at all to clear out all that were holed up within this decrepit hideout.

Natashka: "Hmm... That would seem to be all of them. Excellent. It would appear that your reputation precedes you, and that you abilities meet the expectations of the Fair Lady. That is good."

Y/N: "Yeah, it went quite smoothly. You aren't too bad at all this yourself, Natashka. I suppose that is why you were recruited into all this then?"

Natashka: "That isn't correct. I have been in service to the Fair Lady for as long as I can remember. They are my family, and I will do my best to meet their expectations. And as such, I appreciate your cooperation in this matter."

Y/N: "I see. So this... company of yours, the one that La Signora originates, what exactly is it? I don't believe I have been acquainted with it yet. You're a foreign company trapped here to the decrees, I know that much. But where exactly?"

Natashka: "I originate from Fontaine. That is where I was found. Many of us have a similar story. We were all orphans, one way or another, and we were given a new home and as such we owe our everything to the one we are assigned to."

Y/N: "And you were assigned to La Signora then I take it?"

Natashka: "That is correct. I have served under the Fair Lady's command for many a year. But that is enough questions now. You may leave now. I will need to begin work immediately on renovating this filthy dwelling into one fit for the Fair Lady's machinations. And I have been told to request that you do not return until called for, so as to avoid arousing any suspicions unnecessarily."

Y/N: "You don't need a hand with anything else then?"

Natashka: "No. That will be all. The Fair Lady thanks you for your cooperation, and she will be in touch with you soon, regarding your next task."

Saying this, the very tall women I had been working with had now started to channel Hydro energy once more, but it didn't seem like she was preparing an attack of any sort. Instead, I was met by a strange blue gateway in front of me, clearly of Natashka's creation.

Natashka: "You may step through this doorway, it will return you back to whence you came."

She didn't seem to have anything more to say, and she didn't seem the type for saying goodbyes, so I simply gave my farewell through a nod of my head and then walked through the Hydro doorway crafted for me. And soon as I had, I found myself back outside of the hideout, where I originally had encountered that woman.

But now that I'm back out here, and that I don't seem to be wanted around any more, I suppose I should just head back to the camp for now... and I'll have to get the information I was after some other way: about who exactly is this La Signora, and who does she ally with exactly? That Natashka said she originated from Fontaine, but her name doesn't seem like one you might find in Fontaine... and she was an orphan, supposedly, so I guess that means she was probably renamed by her new family?