Chapter 10: Cleansed Out

Yae Miko: "Oh, getting tired are we? I can't help but notice that you're slowing down quite a bit. I suppose it is quite the climb, especially for someone who has been spending the last couple weeks hiding away in that fun little Naganohara girl's shop. Well, don't worry, we're almost at the top now."

Y/N: ". . ."

Yae Miko: "Not the most talkative now, hmm? Might I pry as to what is on your mind? Or... heh, has a Kitsune got your tongue?"

Y/N: "...I'm just trying to figure you out."

Yae Miko: "Heh. I see, I see! And, have you come to a conclusion yet?"

Y/N: ". . ."

Yae Miko: "No? Well, I'm walking right beside you, no? You can always just ask me your questions directly."

Y/N: "...How did you find out about me? "

Yae Miko: "Oh, that? I'm afraid there's really not much to tell there. I'd heard the early morning ruckus that those non-sentient kitsune were making. And when I stepped close to the shop they were sniffing, I picked up your... scent as it were."

Y/N: "My... scent?"

Yae Miko: "In a sense, although it sounds awfully crude put like that. But I fear that the proper explanation would be far past your understanding."

Y/N: "Far past my understanding? I see..."

Yae Miko: "Hehe. Don't take it to heart, little one. Exorcism is quite a complicated art. Just one of the many that I have spent quite a few centuries refining. You really don't stand much a chance. But that's enough about me, do please talk to me more about yourself, would you, little one?"

Y/N: "I thought you said you did your research? That's how you know my name without me telling you after all. And you've just revealed yourself to be a longer-living individual, so I take it that you already know more than you're letting on. So what more is there left to tell you?"

Yae Miko: "My my! I've heard you're quite the feisty one, I see that the threatening to cause criminal damages to that Kamisato Teahouse was not just a rumour after all!"

Y/N: "... Sayu?"

Yae Miko: "She isn't the only Shuumatsuban, you know. Whilst little Sayu is the one who was directly tasked with keeping you safe, there were also those who watched from afar. In case you were a threat to Inazuma."

Y/N: "Sayu wasn't tasked with keeping me safe though...? She was just watching me  from out of sight and trying to gather intel about me whilst I spoke with Yoimiya."

Yae Miko: "Oh? Is that so? Hmm... how intriguing, how intriguing indeed!"

Ah. Crap... I let my guard down and totally just gave her that for free. Looks like Sayu and the other Shuumatsuban aren't the only ones trying to dig up information about me. But... I remember what Ayaka and Yoimiya warned me about...

FLASHBACK: "You'll have to be careful with her, Y/N, she's quite the cunning one! And she's also a retainer to the Electro Archon. If you let on any intention of wishing to harm the Raiden Shogun... I worry what she would do..."

I need to be careful here... for their sake.

Yae Miko: "Oh my! There's no need to look so on edge, little one. We are simply conversing are we not? And after all, I was the one to invite you up here to my humble abode. You are a guest here, there is no need to worry currently."