Chapter 6: The Sleepover

After Ayaka had stumbled upon me and Thoma, as I recovered from my encounter with the Electro Cicin Mage and then the conversation I had with Kujou Sara. She had asked me to join her for a meal tonight, which I had initially been sceptical about, seeing as I didn't want Yoimiya to worry about where I had wandered off to again.

But with Thoma reassuring me that he would let her know the reason for my absence whilst he visits her for business, I was left with little reason to decline Ayaka's offer. So I accepted.

Ayaka had since lead me away from the room she found me in. And with the interior of this building being quite safe from Kujou Sara's spying, so I didn't have to worry about being seen in my already recovered state. Gee, having a Vision capable of healing my injuries sure has its benefits, huh!

* * *

It didn't take us too long to get where Ayaka wanted to go though, that being another private room — but this one had a large dining table in it.

Of course, this was an Inazuman dining table, where it was sunken into the floor somewhat, and the trench between the floor and table served as a place to place your legs whilst you sat on the edge of the floor before the trench.

Ayaka: "Please, take a seat. I've arranged for food to be brought in here, to us."

As Ayaka requested, I took a seat down at this sunken table, but she didn't follow suit like I expected her to. Instead, she still stood near the door with a smile on her face.

Ayaka: "Is there perhaps a specific meal you would like to request? Our chefs really are quite talented, and I.. I suppose I wouldn't mind making something if you'd like!"

Y/N: "... I assume most things that would require Liyue specialties are probably not possible here, right? *sigh* No, I don't have any requests... thanks for asking though..."

And just like that, I couldn't help but feel down again about my whole situation: of being stuck on this nation, practically alone as an illegal outcast with nary a friend by my side that comes from Liyue. It seemed I had also brought down Ayaka's mood somewhat too, as her smile quickly disappeared from her face and she looked down at her hands for a moment.

But only for a moment... as then her smile seemed to creep back onto her face, as she assumedly had an idea about something, to which it didn't take long for her to fill me in on said idea.

Ayaka: "I see... then perhaps, you may be interested in trying a collection of Inazuman snacks and meals then, if it pleases you. To find something new that you might enjoy just as much as before?"