Chapter 26: A Sister's Aid

Yoimiya: "Whoa! Really?! Wow... I'd sure love to have seen that! You're a real powerhouse out there on the battlefield, huh! I bet the Shogunate are really wishing they got you on their side! Hehe!"

Y/N: "Eh, I'm not so sure. They're all a bunch of sticks in the mud, really. I don't think they'd be willing to work with me, even if I worked for them unconditionally... Well, most of them at least."

Yoimiya: "Oho? Got some friends in the Shogunate then, have you? OH! Or maybe it's... more than friends? Ehe!"

Y/N: "Please, Yoimiya, I've hardly got the time for– what? A secret collusion with an enemy soldier?! I barely have enough hours in the day to eat once a day, let alone sneak out for something so— so frivolous!"

Yoimiya: "Heehee! I know, I know. I'm just messing with you! Heh, I missed seeing you so flustered like this! But... you've not been eating well? You should be having three meals a day, especially if you're doing something as strenuous as fighting the Shogunate!!"

Y/N: "It's fine Yoimiya! Don't worry about it. It may just be one meal a day, but the rations were designed to give us soldiers enough nutrients and the like for our daily activities."

Yoimiya: "Y/N, you silly billy! ...Hmph! Wait right here, I'll be back in just a second!"

Yoimiya had then jumped up off of her seat and ran off into another room, leaving me to both dread and be somewhat curious as to what it was that she was going to be returning with. We'd spent quite some time talking to each other since my surprise arrival at her front door, enough so that there was now probably an hour or two of sunlight left in the day at most. I'm sure that Ayaka's meeting with those other Clan's heads has probably concluded by now... I hope that it went as she had hoped it would, and that my encouraging her to take a nap on my lap helped her out some mentally. Sayu left a while ago to return to the estate, so I'm also hoping that she's not taken too long a nap herself and is there to help Ayaka with anything she might need.

Ah. It's been nice to be back on Narukami Island again. Although I'm now technically considered to be a criminal that would likely be arrested on sight, it's definitely worth the risk to have the opportunity to meet my first friends that I made here in Inazuma... Yoimiya especially.

Yoimiya: "I'm back! Miss me?"

Y/N: "Miss you? But it's only been like thirty seconds since you left!"

Yoimiya: "...oh"

Y/N: "I–I'm just kidding! Of course I missed you! It's definitely going to be a shame to have to leave again tonight. I've really missed these chats with you, Yoimiya."

Yoimiya: "Me too! I definitely miss all the time we'd spend together when you were sharing the same roof as me and my pops. It was like having my own personal conversation partner at all times of the day! Heehee!"

Y/N: "Oh? Well I'm glad I was at least of some use to you at least!"

Yoimiya: "Hey now! I didn't mean it like that! Heehee, you're so silly Y/N! Oh! And I almost totally forgot the reason I stepped away for a second... here!"

I didn't even notice it at first, but the entire time since her return Yoimiya had her arms behind her back. And now, ready to present her retrieved item, she brandished what it was that she was keeping secretive; and that turned out to be a...

Y/N: "Is that a..."

Yoimiya: "Mhm! It's a homemade bento, I made this one for my pops but he said he went to eat out with some old friends of his. So you can have his now! That way you'll get some good food in you! And whilst you eat this one, I'll prepare a bunch more for you to take back with you! That way I'll be able to rest a little bit easier knowing that you're eating well out there. You'll accept it... won't you... for me? Hehe~"