Chapter 25: Naganohara

<

PRE-CHAPTER MESSAGE FOR EACH CHAPTER THIS MONTH:

Not quite ready to fill this section in just yet.
Future chapters this month will have the details,
and I will update this field once I have those details.

But, keep your eyes on my announcements for more information.
Make sure you're following me to see said announcements!

>

Ayaka: "zzz"

It had been about four hours now since Ayaka had let herself get some rest, her head resting softly on my lap. I'm quite glad I ended up sitting myself down on Ayaka's futon bed, or else I'm sure my leg would have gone quite numb by now! Ayaka had told me before that she had a meeting with some of the other clans tonight, about five hours later than when she accepted my offer to have a nap. So she should have about an hour left to freshen herself up and any other commitments she might have to do.

So, I'm sorry Ayaka, despite your sleeping most peacefully... I'm going to have to wake you up now. *poke* And so I gave a small poke to Ayaka's forehead, but there was no response to this. *poke* So I tried again. And again, there was no response...

Y/N: "Ayaka? It's time to wake up."

Ayaka: "zzz"

She must have been really quite tired after all, she's not even stirring! I suppose I could just use my Vision and splash her with a little bit of cold water, but that seems a bit harsh and would likely mess up her makeup some. I'll save that as a last resort...

For now, though, I'll try some cleaner methods to try and awaken the sleeping 'Shirasagi Himegimi' as I have recently discovered to be her title she's earned from her people. But what else could I try...? *poke* *poke*

Y/N: "Ayaka? Wakey–wakey!"

Ayaka: "zzz"

Hmm... there are, of course, other methods I could try. Ones that force the body awake, like pinching her nose closed or perhaps just forcibly moving her to a sitting position. But again, I don't want to do anything that would abruptly wake her up. As long as I can get her to wake up in the next ten minutes or so, then it shouldn't be too much trouble for her itinerary, right?

I didn't want to just keep trying the same thing over and over, as it didn't seem to be having any effect on Ayaka. So instead, I tried to instead just slightly adjust what I was already doing, electing to lean in closer to Ayaka's face when I next spoke out to her.

Y/N: "Ayaka...?"

Ayaka: "zzz... mhmm..."

Y/N: "It's time to wake up, Ayaka."

Ayaka: "mmmmornin'..."

Y/N: "Ah, well, it's not exactly morning..."

Her eyes were still closed, but it seemed at least that Ayaka was somewhat awake now. Her speech was slurred however, and she definitely seemed quite groggy still. So I guess she's not all that great at waking up? Although I think I recall her being a bit more efficient the last time she woke up from her time asleep in the same room as me. When she had me in here for that sleepover. I suppose that was just because she woke up naturally back then, rather than being poked and prodded to wake up like she is now.