Chapter 5: Fatui Afoul

It had been about a week now, since I first met Ayaka properly. A week since I got my weapon and Vision back from her people who had chosen to keep it away from me for... whatever reasons they had to.

The end of that first day was a pleasant enough chat between myself and Ayaka, so I decided I should probably ease up on how aggressively upset I was with her and her people. But I still kept my distance from them all the same. I hadn't spoken to any of them since that first day.

Apparently Tohma had been around the fireworks shop several times to try and land another chat with me. But every time he did, I was already out of the shop and out in the wilds of Inazuma, something that Yoimiya had just started to ask me about whilst we both prepared for our day.

Yoimiya: "What is it exactly that you've been doing out there? You know if someone spots you and realises you're not meant to be here then it'll start a witch hunt looking for you, right?"

Y/N: "I know it's risky but... if they really want me to be fighting the Shogunate guards that try to steal away Visions, then I need to train up for that. I've only ever fought monsters before I ended up in Inazuma."

Well... at least not that I can remember. And frankly, I don't think I'd want to remember how the past and enslaved version of me had murdered innocent civilians and Adepti alike, regardless of how efficient it was...

Yoimiya: "So what is it that you've been doing out there all this time then?"

Y/N: "Mostly just practising with my Vision, trying new things with it and stuff like that."

Yoimiya: "Oh yeah? And have you found anything super cool? Oooh! Can you show me?!"

Y/N: "I've got a couple of new tricks I've managed to figure out, yeah. One of them is really good at getting away from Sayu's sleepy yet watchful eye actually, but then I felt bad so I went back and found her..."

Yoimiya: "Awww! So... does that mean you're not mad at them anymore? Sayu and Ayaka, I mean."

Y/N: "I suppose not, no. But... I'm not sure I'm ready to call anyone from her clan a friend just yet. Maybe with some more time, and when I actually see an example of this Vision-Hunt Decree out on the streets."

Yoimiya: "Tee-hee! But Y/N, you actually have to be watching the streets to see something like that though!"

Y/N: "I know... but I need to make sure that I can actually help out first. Otherwise I'm just offering up my own Vision and then also getting arrested for being an illegal citizen."

Yoimiya: "That's true I guess. But how will you know that you're ready? What exactly have you been doing to prepare for fighting humans exactly?"

Y/N: "Treasure Hoarders and... Nobushi? I think that's what Sayu said they were called? I've been training against their camps. It's simultaneously allowing me to practise and hone my skills whilst also cleaning up the wilds of Inazuma."

Yoimiya: "Oh, I see! But uh... that's kinda dangerous to do alone. You gotta promise me that you'll stay safe and not do anything too reckless, okay?"

Y/N: "Don't worry, I'm a cautious sort. And anyways, I usually have Sayu watching over me. If anything were to happen, I presume she'd at least help give me the opportunity to get to safety without risking herself. Right?"

Yoimiya: "I bet she could! But don't rely on that lifeline, please? You still gotta watch the fireworks show with me after all!"

Y/N: "Right, you've been pretty busy lately with work right? So the next show must be soon by now?"