Chapter 14: Antagonistic

Kujou Sara: "Stand down! As General of the Tenryou Commission, I am placing you under arrest!"

Y/N: "Ah great. Of all people to show up right now..."

I had already chanced a look behind me, and that was when I realised that the ship I had been protecting just a few moments ago from Shogunate intervention was now sailing away from the port, without me. At least that meant that the Kaedehara kid who I had followed all the way from Tenshukaku was now safe from arrest for his intervention in the claiming of that other guy's Vision when he died. But now...

Kujou Sara: "Put down that water under your control and forfeit your Vision to me, as per the Vision Hunt Decree!"

Y/N: (Hmmm... what do I do now...?)

Kujou Sara: "You're surrounded with nowhere to go! There is no reason to make this any more difficult. Surrender yourself!"

If I were to pull out my real weapon now, instead of this little spindly pole of Hydro that I'd created and used a moment ago, then someone as diligent as Kujou Sara would almost certainly recognise it from the time she found me in the forest. And that would definitely be me selling out Thoma and the Kamisato's as being involved with me in some capacity... 

But even if they turned out to have been using me and my abilities only for their own gains, I can't help but hesitate in revealing their involvement in this. Because whilst they didn't care for me, they do seem to care for the real Inazuman people at least, and the downtrodden will need all the help they can get in these scary times... and I don't wish to stoop down to her level.

But then... if I need to avoid using my weapon... what options do I still have here? I can't just surrender, as I still have things I want to do — and if I give my Vision away then I'll just end up as a soulless husk, just like the others who have had their Visions stripped away from them.

Kujou Sara: "I'm going to walk up to you now, do not even think about trying anything foolish."

It seems that, after being completely unresponsive to her requests and her commands, Kujou Sara had now decided that she would just approach me and apprehend me personally. I was still standing unresponsive to her words, racking my brain as to what I should do next in this situation. All the while my eyes were trained on the approaching woman as she slowly but assuredly approached as I stood here, now stranded and surrounded.

My thoughts were racing between all the different possibilities, from the options that my Vision presented me, to the potential ways that I might be able to squeeze out of this dead end dock I'm standing on... Maybe if I got a good running start I could manage to make it over to that other dock over there, which would get some distance between me and Kujou Sara; the soldiers don't scare me at all, but Kujou Sara? I'll admit that her potential scares me — especially after seeing how handily she dealt with that Arataki Itto guy.