Chapter 28: Late for Dinner

Kokomi: "Mhm. Now, hehe, would you rather jump or do you need a nudge?"

Y/N: "j–Jump? What do you mean jump?!"

Kokomi: "Well, exactly what it sounds like. We will be diving down into that whirlpool you see below us."

Y/N: "We're going to jump into a whirlpool from all the way up here

Y/N: "We're going to jump into a whirlpool from all the way up here... willingly?!"

Kokomi: "Hehe. You make it sounds so much more dangerous than it is. Don't worry, you'll be fine. If I told you more, though, it would certainly ruin the experience. I will, however, let you know that there is a rather deep pool of water at the bottom of it all, so you need not worry about breaking your fall yourself."

Y/N: "I... I don't really understand... But if you say that it's fine to do, then I guess I'll trust you and take the leap. And it's not as tall a drop as that other time anyways..."

Kokomi: "Oh? Perhaps a story for another time? Well then, shall I lead by example or would you like to go first?"

Y/N: "I, uh... I don't know... I guess whichever makes the most sense to you?"

Kokomi: "I see. Alright, then I shall dive first. That way you need not wait for me to catch up with you down at the bottom. Do not leave me waiting too long though, okay?~"

A sly smile was creeping at the corner of Sangonomiya Kokomi's mouth, but it never had the chance to develop into a full on grin. Not before she took a running leap off the edge of the cliff and down towards the pool of water below. The way she dove off, even with it being so impromptu it still exuded the same level of elegance and finesse that she normally might demonstrate when else I've seen her throughout my involvement with the Resistance Army. 

I watched her entire journey down into that pool, entranced by the fluid movements of both her outfit and her limbs– she moved as if she were but water herself. It was quite the dive too, there was a solid couple of seconds of watching her dive before she reached the water below, and almost immediately did she disappear into the depths of the whirlpool. One second I could see her and the next there was no sign of her. She made impact right in the middle of the whirlpool, so I guess that's where I'm supposed to aim for then...?

Alright... Here goes nothing!

* SANGONOMIYA KOKOMI'S POV *

As expected, the passage worked flawlessly and I found myself in the familiar pool of water directly below the entrance. I could see the Divda and Formalo Rays that are unique to these waters populated the waters alongside the other fish that could be found down here in the depths of this place.

I'm sure that Captain Y/N will be joining me shortly, so I made sure to move myself away from the center of the pool and instead towards the small shelf of land that encircled the pool. I had barely managed to pull myself out of the water before I heard the unmistakable—*SPLASH!*—that was Captain Y/N's arrival behind me.