The Almiraj

Rolan: Now, before we move on to the next one, I have some guests that need reintroducing.

Bell: Guests?

Rolan: You should already be familiar with them. They were here before, but I sent them somewhere safer until it was time and that time is now.

Bell: You mean?

Rolan: Yes, and don't worry, they won't be able to die here.

Everyone wondered what the two were talking about while Bell's familia was sweating a bit.

Hestia: You sure that's a good idea, sir?

Rolan: It's fine.

Meteria: Sorry to butt in, but what are you talking about?

Rolan: Let me try to keep it simple. First, I'm sure everyone here recalls the incident where armed monsters invaded the city.

Many recalled that incident and had mixed feelings.

Finn: That's right. They managed to slip past us somehow thanks to Bell Cranel.

The boy just looked sheepishly at him.

Bell: Sorry about that.

It wasn't long before his family had questions for him.

Alfia: What do they mean? Did you do something?

Gareth: A rare monster was running wild in the city. The boy claimed it as his prey and attacked anyone who got in his way.

His family looked shocked at the boy for hurting adventurers for doing their job.

Hera: Bell!

The boy winced before the god stepped in for him.

Rolan: Calm down, there is a reason for this.

Riveria: What could possibly justify his actions?

Rolan: I believe Ais and Tiona can elaborate.

They turned to them as they flinched at the sudden shift in attention.

Aria: Sweetie, what are they talking about?

The blonde was nervous at revealing the information. She looked at Bell who did his best to show that he supported her decision. She gave a small smile before telling of her experience with the dragon girl.

Ais: I thought it was a monster at first, but the things it did told me otherwise.

Bete: Huh, but they were just monsters.

The younger amazon spoke up this time.

Tiona: No, they were more than that.

Finn: Oh?

Tiona: There was this little voivre girl I found. She was staring at another girl who was standing under a bridge that was about to collapse. She spread put her wings to save her. I didn't know until it happened, but that was enough to show me that they weren't just mindless monsters.

Ais: It was the same for me. She told me of all the things Bell did for her and her friends. Part of me is glad because I almost killed her.

Bell: Ais...

They were all shocked to hear this until Riveria caught on to the girl's words.

Riveria: Hang on, you said she "told" you. As in the monster was speaking?

Ais: That's right, she could talk.

This shocked everyone even more at the idea of monsters smart enough to speak the same language as them.