An Knife Like No Other

They saw a silhouette of Bell as he began narrating.

"Right, that day was clear, like this one."

The background first showed Orario, but then shifted to show a bunch of mountains. While nearly everyone was confused, Bell and Zeus had an idea of where this was going.

Meteria: That's a strange way to start.

Rolan: You'll all see what he means soon enough.

They then heard a voice call out to the Bell on screen.

Villager: Bell, it's bad!

The figure of a villager from his home suddenly ran to him before the two ran off. The could see the inside of the cabin he called home for 14 years, but outside was an ominous red light. The fire in the fire place was lit, but the flame died out as the light turned blue and Bell continued.

"My Grandfather was killed by a monster while he was out in the mountains. They told me he fell into a chasm; there was no way we could even try looking for him."

They saw how Bell was on the floor alone and in the dark. His head was down as he wallowed in grief. His friends and family held their mouths as they saw how the boy suffered alone. Bell had a sad expression remembering how he felt when the last of his family left him. Zeus also had a face full of shame as he saw how Bell took his death. Hera, Alfia and Zald also shared his pain when they wondered if they could've helped by being there. Meteria was crying while she watched. The others also gave a moment of silence for the boy.

Aria: (That poor boy...)

Ais: (Bell...)

Welf: (Bro)

Lili/Haruhime: (Master Bell...)

Mikoto: (Sir Bell...)

The screen showed everyone the books of heroes Bell read with Zeus before it showed Bell leaving the cabin for a final time as he made his promise.

Bell: I will be an adventurer.

He closed the door before the screen showed various instances of Bell being rejected left and right in Orario. Many felt disgusted by the way he was treated.

"As if it were that easy. I could never find a Familia that would accept someone as weak as me."

Their jeers and insults echoed in his mind as he laid in his bed. A tear fell down his face before it showed him being kicked out once more.

Bell: Please sir, I just want to help. Please let me join- ugh!

Adventurer A: I already said no! Come back when you're stronger!

The door slammed in his face as he sighed in disappointment. All his friends were seething with anger when they saw how Bell was treated.

Meteria: How could they do that to you?!

Zald: Meteria, Orario has never been kind enough to people like him, or anyone. Strength and Fame have always been what mattered.

Rolan: Sorry to say it, but he's correct. Your son had nothing going for him at the time, so him finding a Familia to join was next to impossible. Not to mention most gods were rotten to the core, only looking for children to make their own lives better.

Meteria clenched her fists as anger took place on her face. Alfia and Bell tried to calm her down while Gods like Loki and Freya reflected on what Rolan said. Sure, they weren't completely like the average god, but in essence they've been doing exactly what he said. Benevolent Gods like Takemikazuchi, Miach and Astraea were already a rarity in the city. Astraea was the only who could make a name for herself since most Gods who were good like them had Familias that were small and weak. Argo and his friends listened to this and also felt great disgust in the city.