Chapter 24 - Nico's "Genius" Plan

“Let’s go make the announcement then!” Nico said.

“I’m not entirely sure about this, guys,” I said.

“No worries, Nico got you covered,” Daddy said.

“It can’t possibly get any worse than this I suppose,” I said with a shrug.

We walked out to join the rest of the rest of the group and Aries.

“Hey Aries, I can take them from here,” I said.

“Then please excuse me,” Aries said walking away.

“So it seems we have a problem,” Daddy said.

Daddy then explained the whole situation to them.

“I don’t see how there is a problem,” Daddy’s guest said. “She obviously should marry me. I saved her father unlike some worthless twerp.”

“Excuse you, I actually got her approval,” Leone said.

“By force,” I whispered.

“You heard the lady,” Daddy’s guest said. “You forced her to.”

My head snapped up. How did he hear that? I was so sure no one caught that.

“You don’t even know her name,” Leone said.

“I think I like that guy better,” Nico said pointing to Daddy’s guest.

“His name is Hiro,” Daddy said.

“Sorry for not introducing myself, my lady,” Hiro said.

“It’s cool, I’m Arashi,” I said.

“Why would she marry such an emotionless person like you?” Leone said.

“I’m pretty sure, anything is better than you,” Hiro said. “but if the lady wants… I can show my true nature.”

I nudged daddy and he just gave me a shrug.

“What true nature?” I whispered.

“No clue, he’s been a cold demon to me since he saved me,” Daddy said.

“What kind of cold person would go on an adventure in the mountains?” Hiro said.

“She doesn’t need to marry a kid,” Leone said.

“She doesn’t need to marry an idiot either,” Konato said.

“Who are you to talk? You did the same thing,” Leone said.

“Am I a mistake?” Haruka said tearing up.

“Now such a lady like you should not be crying for you are more beautiful than all the gems in the world,” Edgar said.

I cleared my throat. Edgar looked in my direction. I motioned towards Lydia and realization dawned on him. Kelpie also noticed this and made his move.

“Lydia is my sun and my moon though, without her there would be no light to my world,” Kelpie said.

“But she is my world and my love, without her, there would be no me,” Edgar challenged.

“We should get back to the important matters about Arashi’s marriage,” Lydia said.

“No continue, I would rather listen to them talking about you,” I said.

“Avoidance won’t do you any good,” Ermine said.

“Like you have room to talk,” I said.

“I think my sister has a point,” Raven said.

“Good you think so too, Raven,” Nico said. “We’re having a battle for Arashi’s hand in marriage.”