Chapter 5 - Danger

“Lydia, we have to wake her up again!” a voice said.

“But how?” another voice questioned.

“You could try…,” the first voice started.

“No! She’ll get mad again,” the second voice said.

“But if we go without her, she’ll be more pissed,” the first voice said which I now recognized as Nico’s.

“I know,” the second voice said which I realized as Lydia’s.

I should wake up but 5 more minutes wouldn’t hurt anyone. I just 5 more minutes of sleep. I started to doze off again when I felt a tug.

“5 more minutes,” I said brushing it away.

“More like 5 more days,” Nico said. “Lydia—.”

I couldn’t hear them anymore and thought they finally gave up.

“Help! Arashi! Robbery!” screamed a voice.

“Lydia! What happened?” I said jumping out of bed and out the house.

“Nico! Arashi! Robbery!” Lydia shouted.

I ran outside to see three thugs trying to steal Bow away from Lydia. Of course, Lydia never carries any money on her. I took out my trident which retracts as a pen when I didn’t need it.

“Give me the ring, girly,” Bandit 1 said.

“No!” Lydia shouted.

“The girl is pretty nice herself,” Bandit 2 said. “Let’s take her with us.”

Bandit 3 grabbed her.

“Let her go,” I said darkly.

“Another one?” Bandit 2 questioned.

Bandit 3 chuckled and loosens his grip. I charged at him and punched above his abdomen at his chest and he released Lydia.

“Run away!” I told her. “Go get the Blue Knight Earl to protect you.”

“But Arashi,” Lydia said.

“Go!” I commanded her.

She reluctantly ran off with Nico.

“Awhh there goes our treasure,” Bandit 1 said.

Bandit 1 and Bandit 2 charged at me. I kicked them down and they fell to the ground. Then all three of them recovered and glared at me. Bandit 1 took out a knife and behind him Bandit 2 held out a gun. Are you kidding me? This shouldn’t be allowed. Oh well might as well get it over with. I brought out my trident. At first, they were shocked then they laughed.

“Stupid girl, you really think you can defeat us all?” Bandit 3 asked.

“Shut up and I’ll teach you not to mess with my friends,” I said.

I used my trident to knock the knife out of Bandit 1’s hand. Bandit 2 started to shoot the gun. I quickly deflected all the bullets with my trident and charged at them.

“You’re a monster,” they chorused.

I knocked them all out with the safer end of my trident. They were unconscious but not dead. I dragged them 2 blocks down and threw them in the garbage bin. When I was walking back, I sensed a presence watching me but looked around and didn’t find anyone. I walked back to the house and checked the time. It showed 7:38. I knew the ball was going to start soon so I showered, put on my “outfit”, and took a carriage to the ball. I arrived at 7:52 and was meet by an jolly old man by the door.

“Oh my, Mr. Serpio’s son arrived without a date?” the old man asked.

“My date came early,” I said. “Do you know where Lydia is?”

“Oh Lady Lydia, of course,” the old man said. “She’s on the balcony.”

I walked over to the balcony.