Chapter 8 - Panic

Edgar’s POV

Adam stole Lydia. Who did that guy think he is? I talked to Raven, he told me that there was no traumatized girl and Adam wasn’t even there. Adam and Lydia were dancing and he led Lydia gracefully. Lydia blushed and he laughed. I just couldn’t take it anymore.

“May I cut in?” I said.

“Sure,” he said.

I TOOK Lydia away although she just kept looking back at that Adam. He was talking to another girl then they started to dance and suddenly he was all over her. Lydia looked shocked but Adam just got back up and laughed like nothing really happened. I couldn’t hold in my anger for him any longer. I went over and slapped him.

“Over other women when you’re with Lydia, it’s disgraceful,” I said.

“Whatever,” he said. “Lydia, I’m going outside okay?”

Lydia nodded sadly and he left.

“Edgar, why did you slap him?” Lydia asked angrily.

“Don’t you see that he was on top of another woman?” I said.

“What other woman?” She asked. “You mean Raven?”

‘Raven?’ I turned to see that it was in fact Raven.

“Raven, why did you dance with him?” I asked.

“For investigation purposes,” Raven said,

“Why was he on top of you?” I asked.

“Someone bumped into him and he tripped,” Raven answered.

“So he was innocent?” I said questioning myself. “But he lied about your traumatized friend, Raven saw the girl fight the bandits and Adam wasn’t even on the scene.”

“I think he was suspicious,” Raven said.

Lydia looked deep in thought. Then Nico appeared.

“Lydia! Help Arashi err—Adam poison no,” Nico said taking deep breaths of air.

“Nico calm down and tell me what happened,” Lydia said.

“Kelpie was trying to tell Arashi that Leone was here but she walked away before he could then I heard a scream, I think he paralyzed her again,” Nico said quickly.

“NO!” Lydia shouted. “If Leone…”

“Arashi can take on bandits but Leone…” Nico trailed off.

“We have to help her,” Lydia demanded.

“I already have Kelpie searching, Ermine is with him.” Nico said. “I’ll try to help too.”

“We shouldn’t have come,” Lydia whispered. “Arashi, please stay strong.”

Lydia and Nico ran outside.