Chapter 2 - Blue Knight Earl

I started at her in shock after hearing the whole story.

"Are you crazy Lydia? All of this happened and you didn't even bother to call me for help or mail me a letter?" I asked. "Don't you trust me?"

"Of course, I trust you, it's just that you were so busy with managing the work that I didn't want to burden you with my complaints and troubles," Lydia said.

I pulled her into a hug.

"You could never burden me," I told her. "Remember that, NEVER."

"Oh my Lydia, Arashi, are you guys going to read the mail?" Nico asked reappearing.

"After all you are the consort of Blue Knight Earl," Coblynau said.

"Hey Coblynau," I said. "Wait what? Consort? Lydia, what else are you hiding from me?"

"Wait Arashi, it's not like that," Lydia said. "How do you know Coblynau?"

"Err— no reason, now what is this about being the Blue Knight Earl's consort?" I asked. "It's Edgar? I always thought that one day Kelpie would win you over."

"No everyone is mistaken, I'm not married," Lydia said.

"But Bow is around your finger," Coblynau stated.

"Bow?" I questioned looking down at Lydia's finger, "You were promised the moon?"

"No uh yes?" Lydia said confused.

"Bow is beautiful," I said amazed.

"Ah, but Arashi-chan, you have something just as if not more beautiful than Bow," Coblynau said.

"Huh?" Lydia questioned.

"Nothing," I said.

I knew what Coblynau was talking about, in the month I was gone a lot had happened to me too. One of them involves the gift of the sacred gem of flames.

"Oh? I have to go, Bow seems to be getting angry at me," Coblynau said chuckling as he opened a portal out.

"Arashi, is there something you want to tell me?" Lydia asked.

"Sorry Lydia, I can't tell you yet, it's too sad a memory to relive," I told her.

She nodded understandingly.

"So want to explain the being the consort of the Blue Knight Earl thing?" I asked.

She explained the whole thing about having to trick Kelpie to come back to the human world for her father and how Edgar and her weren't really together. She had a tint of sadness in her eyes when she said the last part. So I knew even though she loved him she wouldn't allow herself to. I sympathized with her.