Chapter 20 - What Have We Here?

Eros’s POV

There has been a lot of ruckus since that girl Arashi came. The workload as practically doubled. I sighed with a smile. She is a nice girl but still this crowd is so overboard. Rathe and Philip had such a contradicting child. I chuckled as I walked to clean up the garden when I heard whispering inside the maze by the building.

“So did it work?” a female voice asked.

“Most definitely, you are so smart along with being so beautiful,” a male voice said. “Good idea with the ‘I am Maiko’s twin’ act with the Lord but he’s getting way too close to you.”

“Aww, are you jealous?” the female voice questioned.

“Very,” the male voice said.

“It’s technically your fault, if your family hadn’t searched my criminal background then we wouldn’t have to do this in order to get our hands on money,” the female voice said.

“I’m sorry sweetie pie,” the male voice said. “But that was so easy. Arashi is such a fool and to think that I thought she was smart back then.”

“All we need is for you to marry her and get a hand on that fortune of hers then we are set and we can run away together,” the female voice said. “We only have to wait till the stupid girl wakes up now for the marriage to happen.”

“Anything for you,” the male voice said.

“Hush,” the female voice whispered. “Hide!”

I heard the branches rustle.

“Oh Haruka, there you are! You shouldn’t wander around too much with that Leone still around,” a voice I recognized as Lord Konato’s said.

“You’re right, sorry, sometimes I really don’t think things through,” the female voice from earlier said.

“Just be more careful,” Lord Konato said. “I’ll walk you back to the castle.”

I immediately took cover behind one of the rose bushes. ‘Lady Haruka’ and Lord Konato walked out of the maze. I stayed hidden behind the rose bush for a while longer. Then suddenly Leone walked out of the maze and headed towards the castle. What is happening? I sighed. Maybe Rathe and Philip knew what they were doing when they sealed her. I walked back to the castle with conflicting thoughts.

. . .

So I did make Eros get a big role. ^_^ Fun. 

~L.S.