Chapter 26 - How It All Went Down

---- Christmas with the 8 ----

"She obviously didn't think this through," Konato said. "Putting all of us together."

"And she took my dearest Lydia too," Edgar said.

"The princely type is so annoying," Hiro said.

"Tell me about it," Kelpie said.

"Pardon?" Edgar said.

"I mean girls are so over it," Hiro said.

"And your cold persona really helped you with Arashi," Leone said.

"You forced her to marry you so I don't think you have room to talk," Hiro said. "Besides that popular magazine said the cold type is what the chicks be digging these days."

"I feel like you lose more and more refinement as you continue to speak," Ermine said.

"I guess when he's no longer cold then he's a kid," Konato said.

"That's a strange scale," Haruka said.

"And what's your relationship with my wife-to-be?" Hiro said looking at Raven.

Raven remained silent and followed Edgar.

"That's what I want to know but she's my wife-to-be," Leone said.

"In your dreams maybe," Hiro said.

"Obviously she didn't think this through, it's been less than 5 minutes and everyone is already arguing," Konato said.

"I doubt she cared as long as we were out of their business," Kelpie said.

"True, after all she didn't want us to come in the first place," Ermine said.

"How cold," Haruka said.

"But Arashi is a really nice girl," Konato said.

"She's seems like a nice wife-to-be," Hiro said.

"She's MINE," Leone said.

"Girls like Arashi don't like possessive guys," Konato said.

"You have a fiancé," Leone said. "Butt out."

"Nobody likes me here," Haruka said. "I want to go home."

"Your fiancé can be such a brat," Hiro said. "But it's no problem, less people here then my wife-to-be will be happier."

"I can't deal with people like this," Ermine said.

"Lydia is the only key to my heart," Edgar said.

"And every other girl you meet, you womanizing jerk," Kelpie said. "If you were such a great catch then Lydia would've chosen you by now."

"And yet you weren't chosen yet either," Edgar said.

Then all of them with an exception to Raven who hadn't said anything got into a fight in the middle of the streets but all the lovely couples around them enjoying Christmas just simply ignored them. Raven walked a bit ahead of the rest of them so it seemed he was not with them but close enough so in case something dangerous happened, he could protect Edgar.

"Don't fight, it's Christmas after all," a salesgirl said.

Only Raven heard the girl and the rest continued to fight.

"I SAID DON'T FIGHT DAMMIT!!!" the salesgirl screamed. "AND EVEN IF YOU DO, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! YOU GUYS ARE RUINING MY POTENTIAL BUSINESS!"

All of them turned to the salesgirl who now was back to smiling sweetly to the passing people. Then the slowly stopped fighting and quietly walked away.

"Must suck to spend Christmas working," Hiro commented.

"Sucks more to spend Christmas with you guys," Leone said.

"You wanna go again?" Hiro challenged.

"Please stop, you guys are an embarrassment," Konato said.

"Me too?" Haruka said tearing up.

"And she's at it again," Hiro said.

"My head is aching because of you guys," Ermine said. "Can we just be quiet?"

"Ermine, don't mind them," Edgar said.

"Even though you are part of the reason for her headache," Kelpie said.

"This is why Lydia doesn't like you," Edgar said. "You aren't considerate of others."

"At least I'm loyal and not a womanizing jerk," Kelpie said.

Raven took this as a hint to go back to walking slightly ahead of the rest of them. What were they? Children? Continuous fighting every time a word leaves one of their mouths. This time the crowd was more attentive and moved away from the 8 of them leaving a clear outline of the separation between the fighting and the normal people.

"Please take this to your loved one," an old lady said holding up an emerald bracelet to Raven. "No worries, it's free."

The sight of the emerald reminded Raven of Arashi and unconsciously took it. The old lady smiled and thanked Raven. When Raven returned to his normal self, the lady was already gone and in his hand was an emerald bracelet. He pocketed it, continued walking, and tried to ignore the loud fighting behind him. This continued all day and none of them even spent any of the money given to them but now the whole place knew of the fighting people in the middle of town. They all went back to the Serpio residence to find high security and they couldn't get in pass the gates.

"Come to think about it," Hiro said. "Did any of you guys get in this place without Arashi before?"

Nobody spoke.

"I'm gonna take that as a no," Hiro said. "Well obviously we can't get in, gotta find another place to stay tonight."

"All the hotels are probably booked too," Konato said.

"Well I ain't sleeping on the streets," Hiro said.

"Raven, can you try and find a place for us to stay?" Edgar said.

Raven nodded and disappeared.

"Why would she lock us out like that?" Haruka said.

"Maybe because she didn't want us to come in the first place and because NOT locking the house that's basically empty of all human security is dangerous?" Hiro said.

"What do you have against my wife?" Konato said.

"She irks my soul," Hiro said.

"Brats irk my soul yet you don't see me snapping at you every second," Leone said.

"Can we all just quiet down and think?" Kelpie said.

"None of you are any help right now," Ermine said. "I'll go look with Raven."

"No, you need to stay her as guard right now Ermine," Edgar said.

"Yes, Lord Edgar," Ermine said.

"The yappy dog was reprimanded by her owner," Hiro said.

"Right now, you're the most annoying," Leone said.

And thus another fight ensued and the police force came and all took them to the police station. The whole night was spent locked at the police station with Raven trying to work out the details of their release with the officers and the rest of the group constantly fighting.

. . . 

Yes! I made it in the one week time promise ~ Talk about last minute... somehow I can just imagine the 8 of them fighting in the middle of the streets while everyone else is enjoying their holidays. Anyways don't forget to Vote, Share, Follow, and Comment :) Feedback is always welcomed.

~L.S.