Chapter 12 - Argument

Lydia’s POV

I just called Arashi. She seemed upset but at least she wasn’t physically hurt. She also told me she was with Raven. I wonder why the two of them have been hanging out a lot lately. I told Edgar about my friend being fine and Adam being with Raven right now. He seemed angered when I mentioned Adam. I told him that he should be ashamed for slapping Adam.

“I thought he was cheating on you,” he said defensively.

“How could you not recognize Raven?” I asked.

“Cause he was wearing a dress," Edgar said.

“That you put him in,” I retorted.

“As punishment for seeing you,” Edgar spat.

“Which only happened because your servants insisted on dressing me,” I said defensively.

“No! It only happened because you had to scream which is an alerting sign of danger, he said debating.

“Because your servants are DANGEROUS,” I argued.

“Fine, help Adam’s side then,” he said angrily.

“He still had a lot to figure out,” Nico said jumping in the argument.

“No kidding,” I said agreeing.

“Figure out what?” Edgar asked.

“Find out yourself, clueless,” Nico said.

“Clueless?” Edgar questioned.

“What kind of gentleman hits a girl?” Nico whispered angrily.

“What?” Edgar said.

“Nothing,” Nico answered. “Luckily Arashi isn’t harmed or else anything that happened to her would be on him.”

“I know,” I said.

Yet I also felt hesitant scolding him after all it wasn’t his entire fault. He was just clueless sometimes. Edgar then called Raven and walked over to me.

“We should meet up with them outside,” he said.

“Where are they?” I asked.

“West side of the castle near the maze garden,” he said.

“Then let’s go,” Nico said perking up.

“Okay,” I said agreeing.