Chapter 19 - Postponed

Raven's POV

She smiled as she passed me knowing that I knew the secret to her pen. Then she started to fall. I caught her before she hit the ground.

"Out cold," Nico said.

"It has been a long day for her afterall," Lydia said.

"She needs to rest," Lord Konato said.

I carried her bridal style but was stopped by a hand on my shoulder.

"She's my fiancé, let me carry her," Leone said.

"No Leone, let my servant take care of this," Lord Edgar said. "You and I still have to talk about you trespassing on my property earlier."

"Fine, if I must," Leone said.

Lydia came up to me.

"Take good care of her," Lydia said.

"Aren't you saying that to the wrong person?" Nico asked.

"Sadly, yes," Kelpie said.

"Good luck brother," my sister said.

Eros gave me directions to the guest room. I found the room and put her down on the bed. She looked calmer and more at peace when she sleeps. I realized I was staring at her so I stopped. I pulled away and walked out. I went to the main room where I was told to go after I put her to bed.

"So you can't get married in 3 days," Lydia said.

"And why not?" Leone said.

"She's asleep," Lord Konato said.

"You probably forgot but she will sleep for a week at tops 2 days the least and the time is extended in the fairy realm," Kelpie said.

"Doesn't she need to eat?" Edgar questioned.

"Thing is she doesn't for some strange reason," Nico said. "And if you wake her up, you'll face the massive consequences."

"Nico would know," Lydia said.

"But I'm her fiancé," Leone said.

"Doesn't matter," Nico said then shivered as he recalled the memory of Arashi's anger.

"Ahem," I coughed.

"Oh, you're back," Leone said.

"Is Arashi still asleep?" Lord Konato asked.

I nodded.

"Who are you anyways?" Leone said.

"Raven, Lord Edgar's loyal servant," I said.

"Oh yeah Leone, this is Blue Knight Earl Edgar," Lord Konato said.

"Why are you marrying Maiko?" Leone asked ignoring Lord Konato's introduction of Lord Edgar.

"This is Haruka not Maiko, and better question how did you get Arashi to agree to marry you?" Lord Konato asked.

"Because she loves me," Leone said and smirked.

"By the way, Raven right?" Lord Konato said.

"Yes my lord?" I questioned.

"I'm sorry for my outburst earlier, and please call me Konato," Lord Konato said.

"It's quite alright, Konato-san," I said.

"Love rivals quarrel," Kelpie said.

"Should you really be the one saying that?" Lord Edgar mocked.

"Says the guy who slapped Arashi," Nico pointed out.

"What? You slapped Arashi?" Leone asked.

I sighed. Should I defend my master here?

"And you didn't do anything to protect her?" Konato asked me.

"He was actually the reason that Arashi got slapped," Nico injected.

Then a big argument formed. I simply excused myself from the room and started to wander. Somehow I found myself standing in front of the guestroom Arashi was sleeping in. On instinct I opened the door and walked in. She was just lying there on the bed, so calm and serene. I pulled the blanket over for her and set a note on the drawer saying that her marriage date gotten rescheduled.

"Pretty girl, isn't she?" Konato said entering the room.

I stared at him without responding.

"Why didn't you wait it out and marry her?" I asked.

"So she told you huh?" Konato said. "It's because I knew I wouldn't be able to have her."

"She was willing to wait for you," I said.

"She was and yet I didn't deserve her," Konato said. "I love Haruka and that's enough for me. I truly believe that the world only sets 2 people that are meant to be together," Konato said.

"And everyone only gets one chance?" I asked.

"I used to believe that but then she agreed to marry Leone again, I missed my chance, the timing to this is just too perfect for him," Konato said.

I nodded.

"We can only delay the wedding because of her sleeping habits but we can't cancel it. Hopefully this would be enough time for her to reconsider," Konato said.

"She's not going to reconsider," I said.

"But it's a hope," Konato said.

I only nodded and walked out.

. . .

Kukuku ^_^ Updated for you guys again. This story is coming to a close soon. I set a couple hints in this chapter for what will happen in the future, if someone can guess what will happen I will update again this month. I think I'm growing slightly fond of Eros maybe I'll give him a big part later on... ~L.S