4

My heart was hammering in my chest as I made my way directly to the Great Hall.

Once I spotted my friends, I went and sat across them, making sure my back was facing the Gryffindors.

"Arrogant, self-centered, obnoxious gits", Laura voiced her thoughts.

"Brave, thoughtful, alluring gentlemen", Clare retorted.

I didn't even need to ask to know who they were talking about.

"Stupid, asinine, imbecilic bonkers"

"You are basically saying synonyms--"

"Oh shut up", I interrupted. "Can't we have one conversation that does not involve the marauders?!", I was clearly annoyed.

"Woah what's wrong?", Clare asked.

I sighed.

"It's just- I- I almost got caught today", I said.

"Elaborate", Laura said and I told them about how I followed Remus and about how I almost got caught, pointedly leaving the jolt of electricity I felt when he touched me.

"How more stupid can you get Athy?", Laura sighed.

"They'll probably figure out what you were upto", Clare said.

"I just hope he doesn't. Wait.. They?", I asked.

"Yeah, well I meant the marauders", she clarified.

"Lupin won't tell them", I said, trying to convince myself more than I was convincing her. Potter and Black will definitely figure it out.

"Yes he will."

"No he won't", I insisted.

"Yes he will."

"No he won't."

"I think he already did", Laura hopped in.

My eyes widened.

"No he didn't", I insisted.

"Yes he did. They are all staring at us"

"No they aren't", I whined.

Slowly and cautiously, I turned my head, only to find the four boys staring directly at me. Remus quickly glanced down when he noticed that I caught them while all the others kept on staring. I met the three pair of eyes and all of them smirked except for Peter.

'You are the only angel among them Peter', I thought to myself.

I turned back around with defeat written on my features.

----

Monday rolled by and we knew what the next step was.

Rule number 2- Distract your enemy from focusing on their work. Make sure to disturb them while simultaneously focusing on your work. This can be done with the help of friends who are ready to do the task.

I have asked Clare if she would do that to which she blatantly refused. She said it was enough that she was helping me with the ideas. Taking part would be too big of a betrayal to her love and so, no matter what, she won't be distracting him from studies.

On the other hand, Laura happily agreed. It's not like she studies anyway in the class. Her words, not mine.

Laura and I headed towards history of magic, another class the hufflepuffs and gryffindors shared together.

Clare skipped this one for quidditch practice.

Even though I agreed with the idea, I had a nagging feeling that it was wrong. I knew I had to win the bet but we have our OWLs this year. Distracting him from studies—