16

Days went by, Laura started to be like herself; she and Regulus became closer; Clare was spending more and more time teaching Peter which she, a lot of times, would ask me to teach her; and Severus asked me if I was doing okay in Defence Against the Dark Arts for the first time in my life.

All in all, these days went by pretty nicely apart from the one time Professor Dumbledore informed us that Mulciber escaped the legal complications due to his wealth.

"Weird", Clare mumbled as she entered the common room.

"What's weird?", I asked, not bothering to look up from my book.

"Students are saying Evianna Fairchild is returning to Hogwarts", she answered and hopped down on the couch beside me.

The name ringed some bells in my brain but I couldn't exactly point it out.

"Evianna Fairchild who?", I asked finally looking up from my book.

"The one who went to live with her godparents after her parents died in the blast that happened at the Potions Weekly Official Laboratory."

"'The blonde Gryffindor from our first year who went to Ilvermony' would have been a better explanation", I rolled my eyes while she simply shrugged.

The blast that was conducted by you-know-who, as Dad said, since most of the wizards or witches working there were muggleborn but this was kept quiet from the public.

"Poor girl, was only eleven when lost her parents", Laura said as Clare nodded.

"Your soft Hufflepuff side is showing L", I teased.

"Oh merlin! My hardwork of four years went down the drain", she sighed dramatically causing Clare and I to chuckle lightly.

The next day arrived and surely, whispers about Evianna Fairchild returning filled the Great Hall.

I was glad they got something else to talk about apart from Laura and I.

"They are saying she already arrived last night. Would probably enter the great hall any moment", Clare informed us while taking a seat after talking to Lily.

"I wonder why she is joining in between the session. Don't you think it would have been better if she just joined at the starting?", I asked before taking a bite of my croissant.

"It's because she made quite a ruckus in Ilvermony this month. Her godparents think a change in surroundings might help her in being more serious towards life and do better in exams", she answered.

"What is it with Gryffindors being a ruckus?", Laura added into the conversation and I chuckled while Clare glared at her.

Soon enough, Evianna being a ruckus was proved when a broomstick passed the length of Slytherin table with the girl showering them with Aguamenti charm.

Puberty hit her hard in these years. Her cheekbones were highlighted and her smile dazzling enough to win any heart. Her then long blond hair were cut to middle length shaping her face. With the baby-look gone, she looked beautiful

The entire hall went silent as we all stared at the scene.

Not long after, cheers errupted from half of the Gryffindor table with the other half desperately trying to not laugh because of the presence of professors. A lot of students from the other two houses also laughed hiding behind the Gryffindors' commotion (including Laura).

Obviously, the loudest cheers were of Potter and Sirius with Peter laughing his ass off and Remus shaking his head. Although he too couldn't keep the smile off.