21

My eyes glinted and my mouth opened in amusement when I heard Remus' marks. He got 90.

I looked down at my marksheet. I got 93.

I surpassed Remus.

I finally surpassed Remus.

I finally surpassed Remus after three and a half months.

Oh. My. God.

Merlin.

"Yes!", I shouted while punching the air.

The class stared at me. I stared back at them. The embarrassment came and I looked down with red cheeks but I couldn't help the wide smile on my face. I looked at my right to find my friends grinning while shaking their heads.

I grinned widely at them and they chuckled.

I readjusted my position and my eyes met brown ones.

I smirked at him.

He rolled his eyes.

I grinned.

He smiled fondly.

I blinked and the grin turned into a shy smile. The blush crept on my neck as I looked towards the professor again.

Remus Lupin was making me feel things I have never really felt before.

I looked at my marksheet again and grinned again.

"A'right Moony?", I approached the marauders with my friends after our last class.

"Better than I have ever been Rose", he answered.

James, Sirius and Peter looked among them.

"We need to go. We have uh Quidditch practice", James said and started dragging Sirius and Peter along with him.

"Why am I being dragged away?", Peter complained. It looked like Peter didn't want to leave Remus... or maybe Clare.

"We'll come along", Clare said and started heading towards the quidditch pitch while dragging Laura with her.

Peter stopped protesting and grinned.

"Come on L", Clare whispered urgently to her while dragging her away. She passed me an apologetic smile when I glared at her.

I met Remus eyes again, suddenly feeling very awkward. The thought of teasing him completely slipped my mind.

I cleared my throat and was about to say something when he suddenly grabbed my hand and started running away, tagging me along.

"Dissendium", he whispered to a statue of a one-eyed witch, named Gunhilda of Gorsemoor.

"Remus wha-", I started but was never able to complete my sentence since I was pushed behind the statue. Remus came in next and the entrance to the passage closed.

"Okay what is going on?", I asked.

"Fairchild. She saw me in the corridor and was heading towards us", he explained.

I raised an eyebrow. "Are you that afraid of her?"

"I am not afraid. I just can't stand her. She is way too clingy", he shuddered.

"But you can stand me?", I smirked.

"Of course not", he scoffed.

"Why was I dragged along then?"

"Because-", he started but stopped abruptly.

He looked at me confused.

"Why did I drag you along?", he mumbled to himself.