34

I could hear Remus' calm and even breathing after some time. His hold on me also became loose. I pulled back my head and looked up at him with a smile.

He looks so handsome when he is peaceful.

"Athea. Athea!", I heard a voice. My eyes widened and Remus moved a bit but didn't wake up.

Careful not to disturb him, I took his hand and gently removed it. I stood up and went outside the door before taking out the mirror.

"What's wrong?", I asked Regulus. He was looking extremely nervous.

"I am planning on proposing Laura. Do you think she'll say yes?", he asked.

My mouth opened in surprise. "Proposing her? Like, right now?"

He nodded.

"Merlin! Really?! That's amazing! I want to see it too. Where are you?", I asked.

"Just answer the damn question Athea!", he ordered in irritation.

"Oh yes. Right. Yes she would say yes. She would definitely say yes. I can bet she would say yes", I answered hurriedly.

"Okay. I am going to propose her now. Bye" he said.

"Oh wait. I want to see it too", I requested.

He hesitated before sighing. "Okay."

"Can I bring Clars too? Great!", I said and started running down the stairs.

"I didn't even answer yet!"

"Please Reggie. She would kill me if I don't include her. Please please please", I made puppy eyes.

He simply rolled his eyes in response.

I got to the common room. "Clars?", I shouted and looked around for her.

Clare, who was sitting with Peter in a corner looked at me on hearing her name. "What happened?"

"Come here. Quick!", I called. "And just you. Sorry Peter, but only she can come."

She came over to me. "Regulus is about to propose Laura", I told her.

She squealed in excitement.

We again went up the stairs of the boys dormitory and stood outside the marauders' dorm.

"Where are you?", Clare asked Regulus.

"Honestly, are you two really friends with the marauders?!", was his reply.

Apparently, it was some hidden place in Hogwarts.

"Okay okay go ahead now", I said hastily.

He kept the mirror in a corner before walking further ahead towards a window where Laura stood enjoying the breeze with her back towards Regulus.

"Laura", he called.

She turned around.

"I am going to make it simple and clear and in one go. Answer carefully."

Laura nodded.

"Bemygirlfriend?"

"What?"

He took a deep breath. "Be my girlfriend? Because honestly, I don't seem to get you out of my mind ever since November when I saw you at the stands cheering for me."

Laura was struck with amazement and for the first, and probably the last, time in my life, I heard her stutter.

"W-what?"

Regulus groaned. "Please don't make me say it again."

Laura's face broke into the biggest grin I have ever seen on her face. "Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes yes! Yes, I'll be your girlfriend!", she exclaimed and jumped on Regulus hugging him tightly. She was laughing in happiness. Regulus looked blissful.

"Did you got that?", I asked Clare who stood there with my camera. "Yes. It's not very clear but it's fine", she said.

"Okay okay keep the camera ready", I said and she repositioned the camera.

The next thing Laura did was to kiss him on the lips.

Click.

"This came out perfect!", Clare exclaimed.

"Great!", I replied.

----

I waited patiently in the infirmary for Remus to arrive. I have asked Madam Pomfrey if I can stay for helping Remus. She wasn't willing to do it at first but agreed eventually.

After what felt like hours, James, Sirius and Peter entered the infirmary holding an almost unconscious Remus. I felt sick the moment I saw his condition. He looked awful. Blood and scars were present everywhere. I can't even imagine how bad it would have hurt.

Remus was definitely the bravest man I ever met.

"Hurry! Put him here", Madam Pomfrey said.

Once he was laid down, she started on her work. "Out you boys go now." She pulled the curtains to prevent anyone from seeing his condition.

"Athea, clean the wounds and use Episkey wherever possible. I'll use Vulnera Sanentur to heal any deep wound."

I nodded and set on work.

I was using Episkey around his eyebrow when he stirred and opened his eyes. "Athea..." His voice came out in a whisper. My heart broke.

I looked in his eyes. "Yes Remus, it's me. Don't worry, it will be fine. I am here with you. It will be okay."

He again went unconscious.

After around another 10 minutes, we were done.

He had a broken wrist, a very deep gash on his back, slightly less major cuts on his legs and so many scars that I couldn't even count.

After making Remus gulp down the required potions, Madam Pomfrey started heading towards her office.

"You can stay the night if you want", she said while going out of my sight. I looked at her retreating back gratefully and took a seat beside Remus.

One of my one hand held his, the one without a broken wrist, and other went to caress his hair gently.

He smiled softly with his eyes closed.

"Sleep Remus."

"Please stay...", he whispered with vulnerability showing in his voice.

"I'll always stay here sweetheart", I spoke softly.

----

Third Person POV

The next morning when Remus woke up with a hand barely touching his hair and another holding his, he couldn't keep the smile off his face.

And once again, he regretted being with her because she way more worth than a monster.

•••••
A/n: A small one.