32

I was sitting at the Hufflepuff table in the Great Hall with my cheek in my hand deep in thought. Kevin cleared to me a few days ago that he said all that to make Remus realize how much he means to me and he said it probably worked.

I didn't really believe that because it had been a week since that incident and Remus didn't show any change in his behaviour.

However, I was glad to know Kevin's real intention because I didn't want to ruin my friendship with him. He was a great person to be with.

"Athea," a voice called.

I hummed in response and continued to mix my coffee with my free hand.

"Go to Hogsmeade with me?," the voice asked.

"Valentine's day was three days ago," I answered. I wasn't even paying attention to the conversation, let alone the person.

"But Hogsmeade trip is this weekend," he replied.

I sighed and finally looked at the person on my left. The spoon fell from my hand when I noticed Remus sitting there.

Blush crept up my face and my heartbeat increased. I cursed myself for the clumsy behaviour.

"I-", I cleared my throat. "Yes of course! Sure! I would love to go to Hogsmeade with you," I smiled, something that probably came out as the most unsatisfying smile Remus would have ever thought.

"You don't look like that," he commented.

"I am just shocked. Surprised. I didn't expect to see you here, let alone be asked out by you. But I am really very happy. I actually am. I mean, that's exactly what I have been wanting since New Year. Well no. I wanted this for a very long time. Maybe even years. I just realised it on New Year. You know when Fairchild kissed you, something in me flipped. And to be honest, I really miss your lips on mine since that night so this date is probably a great ide-" Clare kicked me from under the table. My eyes widened. "-No! No I didn't mean it like that. I mean you are a good kisser, of course, but I didn't want you to ask me because you are a good kisser. I wanted to be with you because you have a great personality and an even better heart. I am sorry I am ranting-"

He laughed.

I stopped and awkwardly smiling, took a sip from my coffee. He ruffled my hair and complimented. "You are too cute Athea."

I spit out my coffee. I coughed while Remus patted my back. "Are you okay?" he asked.

I nodded, not trusting myself for not ranting if I again opened my mouth.

"I'll see you in class then," he said and stood up. I looked up at him with a very big smile and nodded.

The fact that Remus Lupin just asked me out was finally starting to settle in.

He bended down and kissed my forehead.

I am sure I turned blood red for Remus said, "This reaction of yours makes me want to kiss you more but I think we'll wait till Saturday for that."

He winked and left.

I turned to look at my food with a dreamy smile. I looked up and saw three-fourth of the Hogwarts sitting in the Great Hall staring at me. Even Headmaster Dumbledore and Professor Mcgonogall were smirking. The only difference was Headmaster was very open about it while Professor Mcgonogall was pretending to be smirking at her food. I think I even found a few students exchanging galleons.

I didn't know bets were being placed on us.

----

"DID YOU SEE THAT?!" I screamed at my friends in our room. I was jumping on my bed in excitement. "DID YOU FUCKING SEE THAT?! HE ASKED ME OUT! HE ACTUALLY ASKED. ME. OUT." I exclaimed.