24

I woke up on the Christmas morning to a constant tap on my window. I groaned and sat up. I looked at my window with a pissed expression which soon vanished away when I saw the owls flying outside. There were around four or five of them.

I quickly got out of bed and opened the window. The owls came inside and sat on my desk, all of them trying to push the other away so that I'll open their post first. All except Hermes, who sat at my window sill proudly, knowing he would be the one I would open the post of first.

I untied the little package and the letter he was carrying and kept it on the bed. I brought out the owl treats and placed it in a bowl on the window sill. One by one, I started untying all the packages from the owls and saw them fly away after taking their treat from the bowl.

Once they all went back, I heard Hermes hooting. I looked up at him who was sitting on the top of my almirah. I remembered my promise and got out his favourite food. Preparing it up, I placed it on the window sill beside the first one, due to which he came down and started his breakfast.

I looked back at my bed. There were six different packages on the bed. At the corner of my room were the presents my parents got for me. Mum would have brought it up.

I started with opening their presents. They got me a scent bottle, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander (considering that I love reading about creatures, I almost cried looking at it) and a lot of sweets.

Next, I picked a package from the bed and opened the letter.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ATHY!!!

I really miss spending time back in Britain for Christmas. It's beautiful here too but not as much as it is in London during Christmas.

But hey, we HAVE to come here on a trip once. It's amazing! The Eiffel Tower is just SO beautiful, I love it! And the food is bloody amazing. It's like, I want to use magic to make my stomach be never ending so that I could eat everything!

I LOVE my time here, really!

Also, I have to ask you something. I took your advice and sent Regulus a Christmas gift this year. And I have been panicking ever since that. Please tell me he likes sneakers. Because if he don't, I'll die of embarrasment. I don't care how you'll find that out. I just want you to.

Anyway, we are leaving for our today's travel so I will be going now.

I haven't recieved your gift yet so I have nothing to say about that.

Love,

L

I smiled at the letter and teared off the wrapping on the package. Inside it was a beautiful blue eiffel tower necklace with a stone hanging from it.

(A/n: Picture at the end)

Now, I felt guilty about getting her beauty products.

I picked up the next package and opened the letter attached to it.

Merry Christmas

We can't believe you got us PRANK SUPPLY SET Rose! Padfoot almost fainted when he saw the present.

I noticed that you sent three different owls for us but we all are actually staying together at Godric's Hollow.

My heartbeat increased and I desperately hoped they didn't see the picture.

Anyway, we highly appreciate your intention, even though you sent this just because I invited you and since you sent these gifts, I am hoping to see you there.