25

"What's wrong?", I asked and stared at my parents expectantly.

They looked at each other before taking each of my hands in theirs.

"Athy, we want you to start studying about how to turn into an animagus", my father spoke.

I stared at him addled by the sudden request. "But I am still in my fifth year Dad. Professor Mcgonagall said that to become an animagus, we first need to study and understand all the changes we would be going through and what the implications might be in case the transformation goes wrong. And the study of animagus takes a few years beyond our NEWT level. She said it's a very complicated field of transfigu-"

"I think you have already studied half of the things of transfiguration that will be taught in the NEWTs", Mom interrupted and I blushed red. I didn't know my parents knew about it.

"Maybe", I mumbled.

"Maybe even more than that?", Dad asked.

"Maybe", I mumbled with a sheepish smile.

"And if I think back to my curriculum at Hogwarts, all we were told about being an animagus was what it actually is. I wonder what made Mcgonagall tell you such details", Dad acted as if he was in deep thought.

"I pestered her until she told me", I told them in an even lower voice looking down.

Looking up, I found them smiling.

"Athy, we want you to start studying it and if possible, we'll complete the transformation in your summer holidays", Mom said with a tone of finality in her voice.

"But it isn't legal to become an animagus before we are seventeen", I reasoned.

"And that's why we don't want you tell anybody, and I mean anybody, that you are studying to become an animagus. Not even Laura and Clare", Dad said and looked me in the eye.

"But that's illegal!"

"We are doing it for you Athea", Mom said.

"But... But how will becoming an animagus illegaly going to help me Mum? Why are you two so adamant on it?", I asked. It's not like I don't want to be one but I don't want to break the law.

"That's a story for some other day", Dad said and stood up followed by Mum.

I looked up at the two of them. I knew my parents wouldn't do anything that could harm me but telling me to do something illegal was beyond my imagination.

They headed towards their room for the night. "Also", I looked towards them once again, "we have a guest coming tomorrow morning", they told me.

----

"Come downstairs Athea", Mom called from the living room.

"Coming!", I replied and brushing my hand through my hair for the last time, I hurried downstairs.

The person sitting their was the last person I expected to be our guest.

"Good evening Athea", he spoke with a small smile and a twinkle in his eyes.

"Good evening Headmaster", I replied with a nervous smile.

"Please take a seat. It's your house only."

I awkwardly staggered towards one of the couch and sat down.

"Now Athea, we won't be wasting much of your time so we'll come directly to the topic. Professor Dumbledore-"

"Call me Dumbledore Ander. You aren't my student any longer", headmaster interrupted.

"A person need not be in a school to be a student Professor. We are still learning from you", Dad smiled and Professor Dumbledore chuckled pleasantly.

"So Athea", Dad continued, "Professor Dumbledore will be teaching you Occlumency once you return to Hogwarts. Occlumency is-"

"I know what it is. But why am I being taught that?", I asked. What is wrong with my parents?!

"Because it's a very useful skill Ms. Rose.", Headmaster Dumbledore spoke.

"Are others being taught too?", I asked.

"No. I will be teaching you personally, as requested by your parents", he answered.

I had a hundred other questions in my mind but remained silent. Why am I being taught? Why am I the only one being taught? How did they convince Professor Dumbledore to do it? Why didn't Professor Dumbledore think about teaching others too? Is the wish to turn into an animagus related to the same reason? Does Dumbledore know I will be changing into one?

I knew there was something my parents were hiding from me, something big.

"Also", Mum spoke for the first time, "we have arranged for you to work under the assistance of Madam Pomfrey in her infirmary so that you can have experience on a few things. It would be good for your career as a healer", she smiled.

I blinked and stared at her. This information did nothing but add questions to the list.

"Anything else?", I asked.

Mom looked confused at this question. She definitely thought I would be jumping in excitement on hearing the second news.

"N-no", she answered.

I nodded and stood up. "Thankyou for agreeing to teach me Headmaster. Now if you don't mind, I would like to leave", I tried to sound as respectful as possible.

If Professor Dumbledore noticed the confused and irritated tone of mine, he didn't comment. Instead, with a smile he said, "Sure Athea. Just come into my office on the first day of your return to Hogwarts after the feast. I'll tell you when and where I will be teaching you then."

I nodded and turned to leave. The fact that Headmaster kept on sitting there made me think if they have some other things to discuss as well.

----

I didn't expect to come face to face with another bomb the same evening.

The moment I thought about the address written in the slip, a house began to appear, squeezing the adjacent houses out of it's way.

We made our way into the house, which wasn't very big, and I started looking around.

It wasn't very clean, just enough for someone to not cover your nose or leave the house the very moment. Once I saw the average sized kitchen and the living room, I went upstairs to see two master bedrooms and a study which were fully furnished, but not very clean.

I came back downstairs.

"Whose house is this?", I asked.

"Yours", Dad smiled.

I stared at him pointedly. He sighed.

"We are not lying Athea. It is your house. If you ever feel like not living at our old house or you need some alone time or you have to flee away, you can always come here. I am the secret keeper of it and apart from me, only you and your mother knows about it so noone will be disturbing you. We have blocked the floo network but you can unblock it at any moment you want. You just ha-"

"Why do you think I will flee away?", I asked.

"We are not saying you will. It's only if you have to-"

"What are you hiding Dad? Mum?", I asked in a frustrated tone.

They looked at each other.

"Princess-", Mom started.

"Don't lie", I interrupted.

She sighed. "You are too young right now to understand it."

"I am too young to turn into an animagus. I am too young to learn Occlumency. I am too young to be helping Madam Pomfrey right now", I said.

They didn't answer.

"When will you tell me?", I asked.

"The summer holidays", they answered.

•••••
A/n: Small filler chapter.

I hate the way it is written.