9

I opened my eyes to a hushed arguement between Clare and Laura.

Honestly, can these two ever stop?

I looked around and noticed myself in the infirmary. My eyebrows furrowed.

Infirmary? How did I get here?

I remembered going after Clare with Laura. I remembered the conversation between Clare and Remus. I remembered Remus yelling "Flipendo" and I remembered flying back into the wall.

Oh.

My head was pounding and that made it difficult to focus on what the two girls were saying.

My throat felt dry. I looked around for a glass of water but there wasn't any.

I tried to speak but my tongue felt like sandpaper. I kept on trying but nothing came out.

"Wat..", was all I could manage but it was enough for Laura and Clare to stop their heated arguement and snap their heads towards me.

"Oh Athea, you are finally awake!", Clare spoke while taking my hand in hers.

"How are you feeling now?", Laura asked.

"Water..", I managed to say this time.

Both Clare and Laura nodded urgently and left. One came with a glass of water and another with the mediwitch.

I attempted to sit but the moment I moved my head, the view in front of me swam and my headache became worse.

I put my head down with a thump.

"Don't try to move right now", Madam Pomfrey instructed. She fed me the water with a spoon and thankfully, my tongue felt like tongue again.

"I need to check her. Out you go", she shooed away my best friends, there eyes fixed on me till the curtains closed.

The mediwitch did the procedures, checking my injuries and asking questions to see how I was doing. Finally, she helped me sit up and opened the curtains.

Clare and Laura stood up the very instant from the adjuscent bed and came towards us.

"Keep your voices down and don't ask a lot of questions. She still needs rest", she instructed to my friends and they eagerly nodded.

Ironical. She had asked me atleast 10 questions while doing my checkup. But oh well..

Clare and Laura took a chair and sat down on either side of me.

"How are you feeling now?", Clare asked me softly while rubbing soothing circles on the back of hand.

"Better than before. What's the time?", I asked.

"1 in the afternoon", Laura answered.

"What?!", I looked at her with wide eyes. "I was gone for fourteen hours?!"

"Yes", they both answered.

"Did you hex Remus?", I finally asked Laura the question I was so desperate to know.

She looked at me unsurely, as if she was just proven wrong.

"Do you want me to?", she asked.

"No! But knowing your anger issues, I thought you probably would already have", I answered honestly.

"Well she didn't", Clare spoke with despise.

I looked at Clare in disbelief.

What the fuck have happened?!

"Okay I am confused. What happened when I was gone? and.. wait a minute.. Why the fuck did he jinx me?", I asked. My headache increased with the growing confusion and I laid back on the headboard.