7

"Hi ladies! Miss me?", Laura's voice chimed in.

"No", Clars and I said together before looking at each other and grinning.

"Not my two best friends pairing up against me", Laura said while putting her hands up in surrender.

"We are" we again said together before looking at each other and chuckling a bit this time.

"What are you two? Soulmates?", Laura questioned with a small smile.

"Of course", we again said at the same time and this time, we both started laughing.

"Laugh while you can. I have news that will swipe that smirk off your faces", Laura shrugged.

"What happened?", Clars questioned, the possibility of getting some gossip making her ears perk.

"It's about Lupin", she answered.

"What is it?", I asked quickly and anxiously.

Laura and Clare exchanged a knowing look again.

This was getting on my nerves.

"Okay you—", I pointed at Laura, "—first tell me what the news about Lupin is and then you two—", I pointed between Laura and Clare alternatively, "—are telling me why you are behaving so weird", I demanded.

"We are not behaving weird", Clare defended and I rolled my eyes.

"Convince me later Clars. L, tell me what you were saying about Lupin", I said.

"What if I don't?", she asked with a smirk.

"Hmm let me think. The winter break of our third year—"

"Alright! I am telling", Laura interrupted.

"What happened in the winter break of our third year?", Clare asked me and I smirked.

"Oh you know Clars, someone had a cru—"

"Athea..", Laura warned and I chuckled.

"A story for some other day Clars", I winked.

"Oh come on, this is not fair! Why am I being kept in the dark?!", she whined.

I looked at Laura who glared at me and I awkwardly smiled while scratching the back of my neck.

She sighed. "I'll tell you later Clars."

"You will?", she asked through puppy eyes.

"Yeah yeah I will", she confirmed and Clare grinned.

"But you miss—", she pointed at me, "—are not getting anything out of my mouth"

I raised an eyebrow.

"Do you want me to reveal some other secret too?", I threatened playfully.

"What else secret are you aware of?", she asked confused.

"Should I say it?", I asked with a smirk.

"Okayyyy! I'll tell you!", she agreed.

Clare nugded me in the side making me look at her. She had the expression that said what-is-it.

I winked and smiled mischievously at her and she understood.

The thing is I don't remember any other secret of hers Clare doesn't know. Not at the moment atleast. But Laura doesn't need to know that.

I looked back at Laura and knew my patience now was starting to give up. He looked so weak yesterday. He didn't attend his classes today. The suspense of what happened to him was killing me from the inside.