19

"Told ya", Clare grinned once we three started heading to charms.

"Alright Clars we get it. Stop it now. You have been eating our ears by saying the same thing for the past week. It's annoying, really", I complained.

"You two have been eating my ears for more than four years by saying the same thing. It's only fair that I get to do the same", Clare shrugged.

"The only thing we agreed with is that the marauders might not be as bad as we thought and they can be good company but that does not change the fact that they are still Slytherin bullies. We don't hate them anymore but we still dislike them, atleast I do. I am not sure about Athy anymore", Laura explained.

"I agree with you L", I clarified.

"Sure sure", they said together sarcastically as I rolled my eyes.

We entered the class and took our usual seats.

"I am going to sit with Peter, alright?", Clare asked and I nodded.

Laura, who was sitting with Mary McDonald from Gryffindor, looked up when she heard Clare. She asked through actions if I wanted her to come and sit with me and I told her it was fine. I could do with atleast one charms period alone.

My eyebrows shoot up when I saw Sirius Black taking a seat beside me.

"What?", he asked once he saw my expressions.

"Are you really going to sit here? What about your other friends?", I asked.

"James is sitting with Lily, Clare and Peter are siting together and Merlin knows I can't stand seeing Fairchild throwing herself on Remus", he answered while taking out his books.

I looked towards the brown haired guy and surely enough, Fairchild was sitting extremely close to him and smiling softly while looking at his face. Remus looked uncomfortable.

"Shouldn't you try to get your friend out of that situation? Just look at him. He looks so uncomfortable", I said.

"You think we haven't tried?", he scoffed. "This is the second last class of Gryffindors today and we have managed to keep Fairchild away from Rem the whole day as much as possible but she just doesn't give up!", he exclaimed.

"Now you know how Lily and her friends feel", I commented.

"Prongs is way better than that", he tried to reason.

I looked at the pair before facing Sirius again. "Yeah. Potter is only words. She is all body", I shuddered.

"Why don't you try to get Rem out of that situation?", he nodded towards the pair.

I raised an eyebrow. "Why should I bother?", I asked. I wanted to help him but I can't simply agree with Sirius and go to Remus' rescue. Afterall, he still thinks I hate him.

"Because you want him away from her as much as I do", he answered.

"No I don't", I argued.

I don't, really. I want her away from him more than Sirius does, not as much as him.

"Stop with your act Rose. I am not blind. I see the way you look at him."

"Considering the results you are coming up with, you are either blind or too poor in comprehending things Black", I forcefully rolled my eyes.

"Well then, you are still a Hufflepuff", he shrugged.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You are a Hufflepuff means you are kind. You can help him out of kindness, can't you?", he asked.