17

I went inside the common room after my care of magical creatures class and my friends stopped talking abruptly. My eyebrows furrowed.

"What were you talking about?", I asked and started sitting down.

"Don't sit!", Clare yelled and I jumped half way.

"Why? Is there something kept here?", I asked as I looked around for the reason of her sudden outburst.

"No no. We need to go to the dorm room right now."

I looked at her with a done expression. "Why?"

"We need to talk to you", Laura spoke in a serious tone.

The look they both gave me told me it's not something I will be comfortable with.

"Okay.... I need to go to the library right now though", I said and quickly rushed outside.

"Athy!", I heard Clare called but I didn't stop or turn around.

I quickly walked to the library and took a seat on the back side. I kept my bag on the table and sighed.

I racked my brains to understand what exactly they wanted to talk about.

'Did L found my hidden chocolate frogs? Probably. But what would Clars have to do in it?', I thought to myself.

"Did they got to know I met Remus on the astronomy tower and now they want to question it?", I whispered lowly and gasped at the possibility. I banged my head on the table trying to figure out how to get out of this situation.

"What's wrong?", someone asked and took a seat. I looked up and saw Remus. I looked back down.

"L and Clars want to talk", I whined.

"What is wrong in that?"

I sat back upright. "They want to talk Lupin. They don't want to go on a picnic. They want to talk", I tried to explain.

"It's a good thing you don't want to be a professor. You would be awful at it", he said.

"You are the reason they want to talk and now you are the one who is teasing me", I scoffed.

"They want to talk about me?"

"Yes. Well no. I mean that's what I think", I told him.

"You think about me?"

"Yes. No! I didn't mean it like that!", I groaned. "You are so annoying", I whined and put my head back on the table.

He chuckled lightly.

"Why do you think they want to talk about me?", he asked and put his hands on the table in front and leaned forward.

I looked up.

"They looked serious and if Clars is serious it's either about Quidditch, sleep or you marauders-", I counted on my fingers, "and if L is serious it's either about food, fashion or her ha-dislike for you marauders. Now, if it was anything other than you lot, the other one won't look serious which means it includes you lot", I explained.

"And how come four reduced to one?"

"I know they would have found out about us talking on the astronomy tower yesterday. That is the only thing that can make them this serious because my interactions with the rest haven't changed. Its nothing to talk about", I said.

"It could be an issue they are facing Rose. You are reading too much into it. They might want to talk about something they need your help for."

"I am not dumb Lupin. I know when they want my help with something or if they have any issue. It's not them they wanted to talk about, it's me", I told him.