6

Two weeks passed by in a blur with a lot of class tests and homework and clearly my frustration with a certain brown haired guy was increasing with each day.

The parchement crumpled on the sides due to my strong hold on it. I was shooting daggers on the red ink that said I recieved 90 marks in the class test.

Surely enough, Lupin scored a 91, becoming the topper.

This happened for the sixth time in a row. I know I am a hufflepuff but my patience was starting to give way.

Three nights. I spent three freaking nights studying for this!

And the day before this test, I saw this guy reading a storybook. A fucking storybook! How does this guy manage to top when all he reads are novels and storybooks?!

"Looks like you topped again mate", Sirius' voice fell into my ears who was sitting with Lupin diagonally behind me.

"She looks deadly Sirius. I wouldn't risk teasing her right now", Peter whispered, clearly not wanting me to know what he said.

Three different scoffs were heard and my head snapped towards the four gits, also known as the "marauders".

Potter and Sirius were smirking and I didn't risk looking at Lupin right now, knowing my frustration would result in a fight and the last thing I want right now is a detention.

The bell rung to indicate the end of the class and without any back glance at the four boys, I left the classroom.

I groaned into my pillow and Clare and Laura sighed. This happened for the hundredth time that day.

"How does that guy manage it?! Like how? One day he is reading a storybook and the next day he gives a class test and still manage to top it! How the fuck this happens?!"

Clare and Laura remained silent.

"And you know what? He didn't even attend the class when this topic was taught. How the fuck he manages to get a 91 without knowing what the topic is about?!", I exclaim.

"How do you know he didn't attend it?", Laura asked.

"This is what you gathered L?", I looked at her in disbelief.

"Well if you are so interested in it, I noticed that he was absent. Probably would have been busy pranking the slytherins with that hair colouring charm the other day", I answered.

"You notice way too much about someone you say you hate", Clare mumbled and my head snapped towards her.

"You know what? I am done. I am sure this guy is doing some sort of cheating to top the class. And I am going to know what it is", I announce while sitting up on my bed.

"How?", Laura raises an eyebrow.

"Asking him, duh!", I answered and without waiting for an answer, made my way to the gryffindor common room.

My work reduced when I saw the brown hair I have grown so used to hate in the past four years in the corridor.

Increasing my pace to reach up to him, I took his arm and dragged him to the nearest empty classroom, shutting the door behind him.

It was past dinner time, which means that the sky outside was dark and it was pretty cold in here but I didn't care.

Keeping my hands firmly on his arms, I pushed him towards the wall until his back was on it. It was too dark, so dark that I couldn't make out anything more than the outline of his body.

But I was sure it was him. The brown hair I saw in the corridor, the outline of his body and the intoxicating smell of chocolate and old parchment that he always radiates was enough to confirm any doubts.