29

"James is throwing a party and Peter have invited us all", Clare informed us.

We were exiting our DADA class.

"Let me guess. Lily's birthday?", I asked as I looked towards her. She nodded.

"I said we can't come", she shrugged.

"Good", Laura agreed with her decision.

"Wait why?", I asked.

"It's in their common room", Clare said matter-of-factly, as if that explained the reason.

"So?"

"So Athea, it will.. umm.. it will have all the marauders", Laura explained.

That meant the perfect opportunity to talk to them about what was the real reason of Remus rejecting me.

"If you think I would have problem with seeing Remus, I won't. It's been like, what? Two weeks? More than that actually. I am well over him. I don't care anymore, so we can definitely go there", I shrugged.

They looked at me unsurely. "Trust me guys. I have moved on."

Hardly.

I added in my mind.

"O-kay...", Clare said. "I'll inform Peter that we'll come then."

"Great!", Laura clapped. "I am deciding your dresses then."

————

[A/n: Dresses at the end]

Once we were all ready, we headed towards the Gryffindor common room, the password of which was shared to Clare by Peter.

As soon as we entered, we removed our cloaks, placed them on the side and approached the birthday girl, who was constantly being pestered by James.

"Would you-", James started.

"No", Lily interrupted.

"Like to-"

"No"

"Go out-"

"No"

"With-"

"For Merlin's sake! Don't you know the meaning of no?!"

"Happy birthday sweetie", Clare said and hugged her.

Next was Laura. "Happy birthday Lily."

"Thankyou", she smiled.

The last one to hug her was me. "Happy birthday Lily flower", I said and chuckled when I heard her groaning. James greeted us all and left.

"Enjoying your party?", I asked the birthday girl.

"My party?", she scoffed. "These dorks need excuses to do a party. I told him it was too much to invite half of the students from our year but he just never listens", she complained.

"Accept you like it already Lily", I teased.

"Of course", she rolled her eyes.

After that, she was pulled away by someone else.

"Can we go and eat something?", Laura said turning to me and Clare.

"Yes. I am pretty sure that's where I would find Peter anyway", Clare answered.

They looked at me. "You go ahead. I'll go and talk to Marlene", I said.

They nodded and headed towards the food section while I went to talk to Sirius and James.

Remus was no where to be seen. He was probably resting in his room since he was released from the infirmary the same morning only.

"Guys", I called once I approached the dancing and a bit tipsy pair of best friends.