The Unwanted Mate

Ellie 

There was electricity that filled the room, the sparks were igniting in the distance between me and the Alpha. I didn't even know his name or anything about him but my heart beat and fluttered like never before. I see his eyes widen, his mouth part. The shock was as clear as it was on his face as it was on mine. He was young but powerful, his aura rippled through the room. 

It was then that his shock face became nothing but passive. His soft pink lips pursed and he looked away from my direction focusing solely on my uncle who was by side. "Beta James." He gave him a curt nod. 

"Alpha Samuels" My uncle greets gleefully.

"What can I do James?" His voice was deep, the sound was so hypnotising that I could listen to him everyday. 

"You remember me telling you about my Niece coming home? Well this is Ellie Richards!" He introduced and gestured his hands in my direction. 

"Oh, well it's nice to meet you Miss Richards. How can I help?" He asks cooly. He offers his hand to shake and I can feel my fingers tremble as I reach to touch him. My hand is quickly grasped and the fire that burns my skin is like an inferno. Is this what everyone spoke about when you meet your mate? I gasp quietly as the shocks spread up my arm. My eyes unwilling to move from where his skin meets mine. Both of us lost in the moment but it isn't before long that he snatches his hand back as if I had poisoned him. 

"Sorry." I murmured with the shake of my head as I pull my hand away. "I am here for my quarterly check in Alpha." My voice was quiet as a whisper. I could feel the nerves vibrate through my voice. I had delivered speeches to thousands and yet I have never felt as unsettled as I did now. 

"Oh. You live amongst the humans?" He asks. 

"Yes I have been in New York for the last five years." I reply. 

He gives me a funny look, as if he is assessing me, I can see that he is trying to work me out. "Have you ever lived in a pack before?" Alpha Samuel's asks. 

"No Alpha." I quickly respond. 

"Oh, he replies." He purses his lips. "Your Uncle requested that you stay this evening while he fulfils his duties tonight." He states nonchalantly. 

"Yes I hope that is alright, I've already done enough travelling for a lifetime." My uncle chuckles out. "She'll stay in my room, she won't be a problem. Your hardly notice her." My uncle pulls me to his side and starts pulling his fist into the top of the head playful, messing my hair in the process. 

"Hey! Watch the hair Uncle!" I playfully reply. 

"Right." Alpha Samuel coughs. "James you better get on patrol while I finish your niece's paperwork up."

"Very well, just get someone to show her to my room once your done, she'll be a grumpy mare after the last few days. I'll see you later Ellie Bellie." He teases as he starts to exits the room. 

Just as he leaves a tall blonde woman makes her way into the office. She is beautiful, her long hair falls down her back and she's dressed like she is on a catwalk. She is wearing a tight red body-con dress that falls just below her knees. Her brown eyes turn amber as she hits the sunlight. Just as my uncle passes she gives him a small smile. 

"Hello James, you've been gone too long. We missed you." She says softly. 

"Well I've had a busy few days Luna, what did you expect? My favourite niece had just graduated college. There was no way I was missing that." He chuckles. "I gotta go I'm late for patrol." He says as he passes her back.