Perfect Evening

Ellie

I was getting ready for my big date with Seth, he sent me the most beautiful emerald dress to wear that were accompanied by my favourite flowers. The most beautiful bouquet of Peonies, they were extravagant and when I looked at them all I could do was shake my head. Seth had this ability to be over the top. 

I had already met his family and friends who had been nothing but welcoming. I thought for rich people that they would see me as inadequate for their billionaire son, at first they were sceptical but when Seth did nothing but praise my charity work and my job, his family were soon nothing but complementary. They automatically accepted me into their family. I attended weekly dinners, book group with his mother, his family even attended some of the charity events that I had organised to show their support. 

There was a knock on the door and I quickly glanced at the mirror to check my appearance. I knew it was Seth at the door. The emerald dress hugged my bust and looped around my neck as it flowed to the floor. My hair was up in an intricate plaited bun with a few small tendrils fell around the side of my face. My makeup was minimal with only a little bit of red lipstick. 

I quickly made my way to the door and my heart thumped at the man in front of me. His hair was swept to the side and he was wearing a black tuxedo. He looked delicious and even my wolf was howling in the back of my mind at the sight of our man. He gave me his mega smile, his teeth shinning brightly. Every time he smiled, I fell a little more in love with him day by day. 

"Good evening my beautiful Girlfriend." Seth said as he pulled me by waist to his chest and kissed my cheek. 

"Seth." I blushed as I placed my hands on his chest. "The dress is beautiful, you really need to stop spoiling me so much." 

"I couldn't help it, when I saw it in the window I just knew you would look perfect in it." He grabs my hands and pulls back, his gaze lustfully follows my body up and down. "I knew it, I was right you look ravishing in it." He says with a smile. 

"Thank you, you look dashing as well Mr Rogers." I reply as I caress his cheek with my hand. 

"Come on let's go before my inappropriate thoughts become a reality and I get carried away." He says as he loops my arm through his. Again all I do is blush as I close the door to my flat and carry my clutch in my spare hand. 

It isn't before long that we are heading into his black town car, he opens the door for me like the gentleman he is and gestures me in. It isn't long before he is joking me in the backseat. My wolf is doing nothing but purring in excitement at our handsome male. Over the last year she has slowly forgotten her mate and fallen in love with the way Seth has treated us. 

"So where are we heading tonight Seth? I'm all dressed up and still have no idea why." I tease. 

He grasps my kiss and brings it to his mouth, he opened my palm and slowly kisses my hand. His soft lips teasing me. He is nothing but gentle and as I look into his eyes all I can see is the genuine love shining through them. "All will be revealed, you know how I love to surprise you." 

Once again I can feel my face heat up and my cheeks are red due to the blush that is gracing my cheeks. "Have I told you how much I love it when you blush?" He smiles. 

"Only every time I do it, which you manage to achieve everyday." I laugh softly. He joins in and continues holding my hand tightly kissing gently, it's like I will disappear. 

It isn't before long that the car comes to a standstill. Jacob gives me a quick wink and opens his door. I see him rushing out the door and a quick chuckle comes to my throat knowing that he is trying to beat me to opening the door. Normally I beat him but because of all the effort he has put in I decide to be patient. 

He opens my door and bends putting his hand out for me which I quickly clasp. He helps me out the car and he pulls me to his side. I search my surroundings trying to work out where we are. It isn't before long that I realise that we are at one of the many entrances to Central Park. The evening air is cool and the sky is clear. I look at him with a confused face and all he does is give me a cheeky grin and wink. He starts pulling me along the Central Park pathway, I don't know how long we walked for but I didn't care. It was a peaceful night and Seth was nothing but a gentleman. He was caressing my hip with slow strokes of his fingers. All I can do is walk and enjoy the warmth of his body.

"Do you know that when I met you I was a Casanova?" Seth jokingly says. 

"I do remember there being many glances from many woman in your direction but I didn't know you were a Casanova." I fake gasp teasing him back. 

"I don't know what it was about you but from the moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew you were something special. It wasn't until I got to know you that I realised what a true treasure you were." He says lovingly. 

"Stop with the compliments, your going to make me blush again. Are you trying to break your record?" I ask with a shy smile. 

"You know I do try my love. But seriously, I thank my lucky stars that you gave me a chance, you are one of the most compassionate, caring, loving woman I have ever met. You know even my parents tease me about how much you changed me. They said when I met you that I grew up from a boy to man. I couldn't argue with them, you made me a better man." He says. 

"Seth, you have no idea how much you mean to me. I thank my lucky stars that I met you. Before you I considered living a life as a spinster but you taught me to love. You showed me what it is like to be loved." I say with tears in my eyes. 

It isn't before long that we are stood by the fountains. It's then that that he stops and pulls me closely to his chest. My body is wrapped around his tightly. It's like I'm ivy winding round a tree. His gaze is solely focused on me, his deep brown eyes looking deeply in to mine. 

"I will never tire of you. I will never find a heart as pure as yours. I hope you know by now that I am truly in love with you." He explains. I feel the tears escape my eyes. 

Seth then pulls back and gets down on one knee. I gasp in shock. He can't be doing what I think he is. Before I can say anything he pulls a black box out of his pocket and he opens it. There sits the most beautiful ring. It is a single diamond that is wrapped round a single gold band. It's so simplistic in it's design but still extravagant in it's size. 

"Eleanor Richards, I can not imagine my life without you. You are my reason for breathing for living. I would be a broken man if you ever left me. Please will you spend the rest of my life making me the happiest man in the world by being chained to me as my wife?" He says with tears in his eyes. 

I can hear my wolf howl in delight, she's so happy. For me her acceptance is nothing but the final push that I needed to accept the second chance. The tears flow from my eyes as I look at him. I nod and keep repeating "Yes. Yes. Yes." 

It's then that he slips the beautiful ring on my finger and all of a sudden the night sky is it lit up with fireworks that would compete with the forth of July. I shriek in excitement and shook. It is then that he stands up and embraces me in his arms and kisses me deeply. This kiss was a something that people described in fairytales. I was wrapped tightly in his arms that I never wanted to leave. 

It's then that we are surrounded my friends and his family, some of who are videoing the whole thing. Other's are cheering. His parents are the first to reach us and they quickly pull us both into his arms. His mother is doing nothing but crying her eyes out, while his father is saying 'Welcome to the family.' My work friends are all jeering at the sight. 

I close my eyes, enjoying the war