Restricted Freedom

I remember when I was a little girl my mother would always pass on words of wisdom. Sometimes I would understand them but other times I wouldn't. I was only a little girl when she would tell me things. However, as I grew up I would find myself reminiscing on her words, her advice and her guidance. Like now, while I sit on a plane I hear her words "You can't run away from your problems." I find myself scoffing at the words because I sure as hell can try to run as far and wide as possible. 

I knew where I was running to. I was on my way to find Luna Loretta. She was the one who bestowed the ring that I twisted on finger. She said it would keep me hidden, how? I don't know. I just had this feeling I had to trust in her words. It was someone who my uncle trusted and held in high regards. I knew that she would be someone that I could trust. I was just wondering what she would be able to do to help me escape my ill-fate and return to my doting fiancé. I didn't want to be a Luna. It wasn't what I aspired to be, especially after my rejection. 

I couldn't help but think back to the one conversation with my mate where I didn't want to what to throttle him. I could slowly feel that mate bond snake its way around my body. It was like a snake wrapping itself tightly around my body. It was in that moment that I felt fear encase me. I could see myself loving the man, who had carelessly chucked me away. I could see myself finding excuses for his behaviour. It was something that I hated myself for because I felt weak. 

"The plane is scheduled for landing in twenty minutes, could you please fasten your seatbelts for landing. Thank you." The voice over the tannoy echoed through the plane. I quickly fastened my seatbelt and pushed my head back into my chair taking deep breaths to calm my thumping heartbeat. 

I knew that I was free some extent. I was free from interacting with that imbecile I called mate, but yet I wasn't free to live the life that I loved. I was now running from the werewolf council. I knew that my uncle would know where I was heading, I just hoped that he was smart enough to not lead a trail behind. If I was going against the council. I knew I would need as much time as possible to get ahead of them. 

______________

The plane landed and my first stop was to get some hair dye. I needed to look different. I knew I was in Atlanta. I knew that they would follow the trail to New York. I just needed to get to The Redbridge Pack as soon as I could. I grabbed a red hair dye and made my way out the exit. I booked into a motel using my card details knowing that it could be traced. However, I wasn't stupid and used the little cash I had to stay the night at another motel on the opposite side of town. 

The motel wasn't anything grand but it was tidy and clean. I put the dye in my hair and took out a map and started to plot how I was going to get to the Redbridge pack. I knew that I would make most the journey in my wolf form but there would be times that I would have to transform to my human form. As I dyed my hair I picked up my burner phone as I knew I would need to make a call to my uncle to let him know I was safe. There was no way I could allow him to worry, I cared too much about him and my family to add any additional stress.

"Hello" A grunted voice rang through my ear. 

"Beta." I formally addressed, knowing that he would recognise my voice. I didn't want them to suspect he was part of my escape. 

"El-" He began to respond with relief. 

"Beta. Don't say anything. I don't know if your calls are being monitored at this point. I can't speak for long. I don't want this call to be traced. This phone and sim will be destroyed afterwards." I explained.

"Are you safe?" He queried. 

"Yes. I got help from where I needed it." I explained. "I gotta go. I'll update you when and if I can." I sighed and then ended the call. I pulled the sim out the phone and crushed it into my hands. I put the phone and sim on the bed before making my way into the bathroom and washing the dye out of my hair. 

"You know where you're going wolf?" I quizzed my wolf. 

"Yeah, I know where we're going. I just don't know how they will be able to help." My wolf muttered in response. 

"I don't either, but uncle wouldn't have reached out to them unless they had a reason why." I explained. 

"Well get your shoes on and let's get going." My wolf replied.

With that I chucked on the spare clothes I packed and made my way out of the motel and into the forest that was behind it. I shifted and started my run to a place where I would seek refuge. 

The Redbridge Pack.