Chapter Twenty-Seven

"So those were actual gods we just saw?" Diego asked. The second timeline nodded, "That was Hades and Persephone, Hades is the father to Nico and Bianca," Orion explained.

Persephone seemed to be mustering up the courage to follow Dahlia and Luna's advice. She was walking down the hall before taking a deep breath and knocked on her husband's office door, "Hades?" she called. "Come in," he said. She walked in to see him working on his paperwork.

Both Nico's and Bianca groaned seeing the paperwork, so did Rodolphus. "Is the paperwork that much?" Lucius asked. "Yes," came the mutual response between Dahlia, Dorea, Charlus, Orion, the Nico's, Bianca, and Rodolphus. The di Angelo's however were actually sat forward, they were almost fascinated to see their father with his guard down.

"Can I talk to you about something?" Persephone hesitantly asked. He paused, probably hearing the hesitance, before putting down his writing utensil and turned to her as she sat next to his desk. "I know it's hard to talk about... but I want to talk about Nico and Bianca," she managed to get out. I saw him tense up, I must've been right that this one of the things bugging him.

Nico had tensed while Bianca looked at her brother that was now older than her in surprise. The other Nico and Bianca were paying attention because they always wanted to know what made Persephone change her attitude.

He stayed silent so Persephone continued talking, "I know last time when I first encountered them, I wasn't very friendly, especially the corn plant thing. But after talking it out with someone, they made me realize some things. One being that I wouldn't really mind them being around," Persephone explained.

"What's the corn plant thing?" was asked around the room.

"I was turned into a corn plant by her," Nico mentioned. The Klaus' had both snorted but Nico couldn't be angry. Bianca wanted to be angry but saw her older self shaking her head no.

Hades looked away for and took a deep breath before he turned back to his wife, his face slowly changing, "What about Hazel?" he whispered. "Hazel too," Persephone confirmed. He took another deep breath before he basically snatched her out of her chair and pulled her to his chest, buried his head in her shoulder and hugged her tightly. Persephone was knocked out of her shock by him whispering shakily, "Thank you,"

"Is our father, Hades, the God of the Underworld, actually crying?" Nico asked. There were a few nods and Nico and Bianca were softly smiling at the screen.

Persephone lay against him and rubbed his back until he calmed down and pulled away, "I had to go through Maria dying because of my brother again, I was thankful that Nico and Bianca didn't remember but now I know they do," he explained. Persephone's eyes watered thinking about what the siblings must be thinking, "And then I had to put them in the Lotus Hotel and promised I would get them out earlier but I didn't know how and they didn't seem to believe me because I didn't swear it," he was looking like he would cry again, "I was so relieved when Thanatos told me that Dahlia and Orion would take them in when they graduate," Persephone nodded along to show she was listening.

Nico and Bianca were happy that their dad did care, he had been proving it to them, but they were happy he hadn't lied.

It was obvious Hades was thinking about someone else and it seemed Persephone knew what, "Is that your last bit of paperwork today?" she asked when he finished. He nodded, "Do you mind taking a break?" Persephone asked. He nodded again and looked confused as I pulled him up before taking him to a garden.

"Wow," came from most of the room.

"Who's garden is that?" Narcissa asked.

"Persephone's," the Nico's, Bianca, and the second timeline said.