Chapter Forty One

Orion had sent a letter to his cousin about Elizabeth and how she had been descended from a Lestrange and explained her ability. Orion had gone to his and Dahlia's room to find her already there with blue hair again. Orion knew this didn't help her mood since tomorrow was October 31st. "She had been like me. She was malnourished, punished because of her magic, and treated like a slave, she had to be given the same potions as me, I'm just glad that injuries list wasn't as long as mine would have been at that age," she cried into his chest.

Orion, Regulus, Sirius, James, Lily, Charlus, Dorea all looked at the screen in sadness. They still couldn't come to terms with how Dahlia had grown up, they had a rough idea based off some of the things they had heard. Orion pulled his wife closer to him while Sirius and Regulus huddled closer to their mother looking as if they would they lunge and attack anybody who tried to get near her. Both Klaus' look liked Dahlia did on the screen, they could understand being punished for an ability, an ability that would lash out. None of his siblings—well the ones that came with Klaus knew—how many times his ability has lashed out on him, how he should've been dead long before Ben even died. Nico and Bianca looked angry at the mention of Dahlia and Elizabeth's treatments, so did Henrik. Henrik had been the first to notice Elizabeth and decided to be her friend, soon bringing in Bianca. They were known as the Ravenclaw Trio—which Dahlia totally did not snort at. Lyra and her older sisters looked heartbroken at their sobbing mother while the counterparts of her older sister looked murderous. Tom was beginning to look guilty again, but the Peverell Trio—Dahlia, Tom, and Charlus—knew each other very well. Immediately Charlus and Dahlia turned back to the brunette man with intense glares (which they found out was a Peverell trait and not the Potter-Gryffindor trait because Tom could match that intenseness) that said, 'Don't you even think about feeling guilty.' His wife had grabbed his hand and gave it squeeze when she saw the looks and sensed his guilt. James and Lily briefly looked back knowing what was going through the man's head. Lily even got up and plopped herself right next to him. She might've been hesitant at the beginning when he adopted her but she loves him like a father, she's the one she calls 'Dad'.

All classes had been cancelled tomorrow as they want to give students the opportunity to celebrate Samhain and they had invited Elizabeth and Erik to join Charlus, Dorea, Dahlia, and Orion. Luna and Abraxas were going to help other students get the process going as Luna being Mistress of Life would've found it rather uncomfortable. Tom was going to help because even though he had fully accepted he didn't do it, he still gives Dahlia and the Potter's space every year on that day unless one of three tells him to come.

Lily, who had been in shock when her younger self got up and sat next to the man, was even more shocked finding that the man would give Dahlia and the Potters space on the night her and James would've been killed. James already forgave the man, he had been observing him and noticed his guilt face to face and on the screen. The fact his younger counterpart accepted him also told him that he should give Tom a chance.

The next morning Orion spent with Nico explaining the Samhain ritual and he seemed intrigued, nobody was surprised, and asked to be in on it, Orion had agreed since Bianca and Henrik would be coming. Dahlia had already gone off to a quiet area in there chambers that Hogwarts had made for her for this day. She had asked beforehand if she could speak with Elizabeth before the ritual so when the two had shown up with Bianca and Henrik, he sent her to Dahlia's spot.

"What's your separate spot for?" Vanya asked.

"Mourning. I never had the chance to in the first timeline," Dahlia responded. It first began as just mourning the version of James and Lily that were her parents, but then it became mourning the first timeline and all the deaths it had caused.