3

Stay.

Kakucho was already conscious when you wake up. He left the room he shared with Izana, making you in charge of looking after him. Izana was tied to the bed in case he does something unwanted.

Feeling bored, you walked towards the window. You leaned and glance at the city. It was six days after the incident on Yokohama Bay. You volunteered to stay with Izana since he is your first 'patient'. Of course, Mikey visits his brother everyday.

It would've been nice if your parents were worried about you but nah, they didn't even text you back after informing them about the incident. You gave up on trying hard to make them accept you.

The snow lasted for three days but you did not feel the cold. Somehow, Izana and Kakucho's presence comforted you. You didn't feel lonely nor depressed about your parents. You felt home even though you are in a hospital.

Izana was gaining consciousness as you look at the city. When he was fully awake, he looked around wherever he is. When he spotted your figure, his eyes never leave you. He stared at your calming presence as he felt alive.

The sun was coming out when you decided to buy your breakfast and fetch Kakucho. You turned your back against the window, letting Izana see your face. He didn't see it clearly tho, the sunlight did not help him.

You decided to close the curtains to keep the room dim. However, as you were reducing the amount of light inside, you felt that someone was staring at you for long. You turned to meet Izana's gaze. Now he had access on your pretty, calming face.

"Oh," you said, feeling happiness rush in your arteries. "You're awake."

There was only one word to explain your performance. Excellent. You managed to save Mikey's brother and now, he is alive, breathing and conscious. The sun just shone but your day was already completed.

Izana tried to sit but failed. "What the fuck! Get this off!"

You rushed to his side and assisted him. You made sure to be delicate in handling his frail body. Helping him to lie down once again, you fixed his blanket in case he feel cold.

"Calm down—"

"No! Fuck you! Where's Mikey?!" He spat like he wasn't feeling weak.

"Hey," you tried again authority.

"Shut the fuck up. If I'm not dead, then the battle isn't over yet," he stated.

"Come on, you can't do that on your body."

Izana screamed loudly. "Fuck you! Let me go! Untie me, bitch!"

You slammed your hands on the table beside his bed. "Can you please calm the fuck down?!"

He was startled by your sudden raise of voice. He immediately complied to your request, even though it was against his mind.

"Did you fucking know how hard it was for me to save you?! I nearly died after reviving you. I couldn't breathe so please... give me more credits," your voice fades as you speak. You kept your head low, didn't know what to feel at the moment. "Compliment me."

Even though he didn't tell you to save him and he knows that, he stayed quiet, staring at your face. You are now holding your tears back. You once again felt unappreciated. Izana noticed this so he turned his head to the other direction.